cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Persistent FTTP fault not getting resolved - how do I get someone to take action?

Have had a fault since 2nd December.  Initially a lost connection "fixed" my replacing ONT unit which now has slow speed possibly due to a data integrity issue/mismatch of serial numbers between BT and Openreach.

Apparently can only be fixed by a "cease and re-provide" which has failed twice at the supplier side probably due to the same data integrity issue.

Cant get it fixed - cant leave. 

I am so fed up - individual BT staff are trying to help me and do the right thing - but i am no nearer a resolution after 3 months.  Every time I phone I have to speak to someone new and explain  the situation and have to wait for team A to speak to team B and place orders and go to the back of queues and have to wait another 5 days for action to be taken which then fails so I have to wait again etc.  

I raised a complaint about how long it was taking to get the fault fixed  in December which no one has contacted me about except via a standard letter telling me that I could now escalate to the ombudsman as my compliant had not been resolved within the required timeline.

It feels like this will never get fixed.

How can I escalate this and actually get to talk to someone who can help - rather than having to speak to someone new each time and re-explain the situation.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Persistent FTTP fault not getting resolved - how do I get someone to take action?

Are your dealing with the FTTP TEAM on 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Persistent FTTP fault not getting resolved - how do I get someone to take action?

Yes - that's the number i call.

Someone was in touch last week to assure me my service would stop on Sunday just gone and then be re-provided as quickly as possible and that would clear the fault.  However service didn't stop on Sunday and have had text message telling me its being escalated with the "engineering department" and someone will be in touch with me in 24/48 hours, but i'm not hopeful.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Have you contacted the Ombudsman? They quite often get things moving.

Here's the contact details.

0330 440 1614 or write to Ombudsman Services: Communications, PO Box 730, Warrington, WA4 6WU.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @V40LEC 

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I'm sorry for the problems you've been having with your broadband and for the length of time that this has been going on.  We can pick this up and contact the team to find out what's causing the hold up.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings