Did you mean: 
pompey1898
Expert
Message 1 of 53

Persistent disconnects

Go to solution

Hi,

An update to my previous post here as that was marked solved :-

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Daily-disconnects-and-sporadic-slow-speeds/td-p/18594...

The disconnects keep happening but are now intruding into the working day.  As I am intending to upgrade to a UHD TV I am concerned that these disconnects will obviously cause interruptions to both live and recorded programmes.

I raised a complaint with BT.  Someone rang back and left a message to say a fault had been found and was reported to the relevant team who would then get back to me.  However, I have just checked online and the fault is marked as fixed.  In clicking on the link to say it is not I just keep being sent round & round the loop.

I have a spreadsheet detailing the disconnections but can't see how to upload it.

Any suggesting please ?

0 Ratings
52 REPLIES 52
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 53

Re: Persistent disconnects

Go to solution

Use photo. Capture.PNG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 3 of 53

Go to solution

Hi @imjolly,

OK, I'll try that.  Not sure how it will work but here is a snip.

DISCONNECTS 181202.JPG

Is that OK for you ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 53

Go to solution

with that many drop in connection you certainly have a line/connection problem and need engineer visit  looks really odd that down noise margin always shows as zero

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 53

Go to solution

@imjolly   My "Smart Hub "  has always shown a 0db on any resynch for both the down and up even after a factory reset so it may be a common quirk.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
pompey1898
Expert
Message 6 of 53

Go to solution

Hi @imjolly,

Was there anything in the events ( i.e. that in black text ) leading to the link up that might indicate what is causing the disconnections ?

They were exactly the same for all the disconnections in red.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 7 of 53

Go to solution

Hi @imjolly,

There were 3 OR vans in the village today but I did not get the opportunity to speak to any of the engineers.  I was hoping they might have been working on my fault.  If they were, they failed, as I had another disconnect at 16:32 today.

This was the the first, or maybe the second, that I was aware of in real time hence I was able to check that the phone was silent.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 8 of 53

Go to solution

Like so many on here, I am getting nowhere with BT.

Despite having had both a complaint and incident reference on Sunday, and sending a chaser email after the 3 days, I have still not heard anything.  Clicking on tracking the fault just keeps going round in circles with the log-in page.

If I can't get a response by Monday might a mod be able to help please ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 53

Go to solution

@conrad wrote:

@imjolly   My "Smart Hub "  has always shown a 0db on any resynch for both the down and up even after a factory reset so it may be a common quirk.

must have fixed it in smarthub 2 as mine shows correct noise margin at last firmware reset

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 10 of 53

Go to solution

I rang 151 to request a fault update.  They ran a line test and then told me to ring 150.

Rang 150 and they said their sytems were down.  I asked if they were on O2.  Answer "no", systems went down today.

0 Ratings