Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pompey1898
Expert
Message 21 of 53

Re: Persistent disconnects

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB,

Many thank for responding I will complete your contact form as soon as I can.

Just to let you know I have been on to faults for 79 minutes.  The last 53 minutes speaking to a very responsive Pete in Belfast.  He said he has been unable to find any faults on the line.

He is going to ring me ASAP after 14:00 on Thursday.

I will let you decide whether to wait until after he rings or whether to institute your checks straight away.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 22 of 53

Go to solution

Hi @pompey1898

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me today.

I have had a look at your connection and your connection is dropping once a day, if even that.  There are periods where the connection would not drop out for 3-4 days.  This isn't a fault condition as your sync has remained consistent.

As agreed, if you do have problems with frequent disconnections and your speed is starting to suffer feel free to post back and we'll look at it again.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 23 of 53

Go to solution

Hi @RobbieMac,

Many thanks for your investigation and reply, even though the result was disappointing.

Hi @Keith_Beddoe, @imjolly, @gg30340,

Thanks for your help but as you can see from Robbies reply the number of disconnections are not considered a fault and therefore BT will take no action (e.g. engineer visit, replacement hub).  Just might consider switching to SKY.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 53

Go to solution
As they all use the same openreach lines then it will not solve your disconnection problem but will get you a cheaper cost by being a new customer to whichever ISP you choose

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 25 of 53

Go to solution

@imjollywrote:
As they all use the same openreach lines then it will not solve your disconnection problem but will get you a cheaper cost by being a new customer to whichever ISP you choose

Hi @imjolly,

I have read enough on here to appreciate that.  However, Sky MIGHT offer better service ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 53

Go to solution
Don't think you will get a better service moving as you have had personal service from the mods you will probably just get the same openreach engineer to any callout as you have already had

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
pompey1898
Expert
Message 27 of 53

Go to solution

Hi @imjolly,

I appreciate what you are saying.

No disrespect to you but it was you that boosted my hopes by repeatedly suggesting I get an engineer, but BT say no.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 53

Go to solution

Always got to keep trying until someone says that is far as we can/will go to improve your connection. Until you do that you are always in doubt whether you get connection stability improved

pompey1898
Expert
Message 29 of 53

Go to solution

Hi @Keith_Beddoe,

Due the constant disconnections, and BT's reluctance to supply another router I have thought again about buying a third party router.

Because of the 10 seconds lag to open pages I have not got the patience to go searching but hopefully you can remind me of the one you recommended, and any other similar contenders, please ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 53

Go to solution

The one I use and recommend, is TP-Link TD-W9970, its very stable, and gets good feedback on this forum. You may find one locally if you have an Argos store its about £40.

Recent post https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/All-devices-keep-getting-kicked-off-internet/m-...

0 Ratings