Did you mean: 
pompey1898
Expert
Message 11 of 28

Re: Persistent disconnects

Hi @imjolly ,

Wireless.

Hi @StephanieG ,

I never received the promised call from Mandy this afternoon.  Can you jog her memory for me again please.  I will be at home most of tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 28

@pompey1898 

Stephanie has moved on to a new position and is no longer working on the forum 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 28

Hi @pompey1898 sorry about that, Mandy was really busy yesterday. She'll be in touch today. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 14 of 28

Hi @NeilO ,

Thanks for letting me know and I look forward to her call today.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 15 of 28

Mandy rang at 14:53 today and said she wanted to try some other reset before deciding whether to pursue the Smart Hub 2 suggestion. 

Having left some time for the reset to take effect the speed test result at 16:39 was as below. 

As can be seen the download speed is still well below par.

Mandy agreed to ring me next Wednesday.

btw 190802 1639.JPGBTW 190802 16:39

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 28

you should be running the btspeedtster test wired not wireless to give true indication of download speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 17 of 28

Hi @imjolly ,

I know that but, without borrowing a laptop, as I have have said many times on here this is not possible.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 28

So the problem with download speed could be poor wifi or interference or the device. Without Ethernet download check then can't say if hub problem or congestion or more likely wifi

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 19 of 28

Hi @imjolly ,

I understand what you are saying but I can't go knocking on my friend's door every day asking to borrow his laptop.  I posted a wired connection earlier on this thread.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 28

using wireless could easily explain the fluctuation in download speed

0 Ratings