Did you mean: 
pompey1898
Expert
Message 21 of 28

Re: Persistent disconnects

@imjollywrote:

using wireless could easily explain the fluctuation in download speed

Hi @imjolly ,

In this instance wired is not the issue, it is the wireless speed from the HH% being in the order of 50% of the HH6.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 28

@pompey1898  but that is the issue   if ethernet download is similar to profile then problem is your wireless connections as explained already 

There is no guarantee on download speed unless ethernet shows congestion problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 23 of 28

An update, and for the record, the disconnections and slow speed still persist.

Mandy , @StephanieG 's manager took over this case and the last arrangement was that she would ring me on 7/8.

I emailed her last week to put this back to yesterday afternoon 8/8 but nothing heard.

I emailed her this morning requesting that she rings me today but nothing heard as yet.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 28

Hi @pompey1898,

Thank you for posting.

I've spoken to Mandy she did try to call you yesterday and left a voice mail. I'm sorry if she didn't get speaking to you.

She will be giving you a call later on today.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 25 of 28

Hi @PaddyB ,

Well I have no idea what number she called me on as I had no missed calls or any messages ?

Unless, of course, she withheld her number and Call Protect sent it to junk voicemail.  I'll check 1572.  Answer "you have no messages, goodbye".

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 26 of 28

Mandy rang about 7pm this evening.

The first mystery is that she was adamant that she rang yesterday although I had no missed call or message.

Secondly, she now tell me that the disconnects I have been suffering are only wireless disconnects, something nobody has ever suggested before.  The DSL downs and ups in the logs are apparently only wireless.

Mandy is sending me some extenders to allow me to have ethernet connections.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 27 of 28

Hi @imjolly ,

The so-called extenders have arrived are are in fact a BT Mini Connector Kit.  Reading the instructions they are specifically for connection to a TV Set Top box.

Do you think they are likely to work with my PC please ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 28

they are just powerline adapters and should work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings