cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jj75283
Message 1 of 7

Phone line / broadband issues. Not fix after 2 months

After switching to BT earlier this year and having a great, stable 3 months; we've been experiencing issues with our BT landline and BT infinity broadband for the last two months. I've reported the fault 6 times and had two engineer visits but the issues still persist:

It all started when everything died about two months ago. No dialtone and no internet connection. After reporting a fault, ther service came back on a few days later but since then; our line / connection has been continually showing the following issues:

• no dial tone and no broadband connection
  • no dial tone but with broadband connection
  • dial tone and broadband connection but very disapointing speeds and stability
  • multiple disconnects, and outage periods everyday (if we have abroadband connection)
  • broadband speeds all over the place, usually very slow

I feel like we're stuck in a loop where we report the fault, wait 3 days and then either: we have an engineer visit (who seems to be very helpful but scratches their head a bit) or the issue is 'fixed' from off property. We'll have our dial tone back and better speeds and this will last for about a day, if we're lucky.

A couple of times that I have reaised the fault; It has either disapeared from the fault tracker or listed itself as 'fixed' with no change to our service. And due to the ways that one is able to raise the fault; phone, online or online chat - it never feels like I am able to add a note to the fault or get any information back. It like starting from scratch each time. Although I have just raised the fault once again; I have no confidence that the issues will be resolved.

From the comments that the engineers have made when visiting, it seems to be apparent that more complex issues are hard to resolve or esculate due to beurocracy issues inside orbetween BT and Openreach. Our last engineer tole me he was unable to do a set of tests becuase of the way that the customer services has raised the fault and therefor he was only able to reset the service.

Can anyone here give me any advice on how one might actually get BT to properly resole the problems with my landline and broadband so that I am actually getting the service I am paying for?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Phone line / broadband issues. Not fix after 2 months

as you have had engineer visits without success then see if forum mods who are BT employees can arrange another engineer visit with the points you make in mind

mods will post here  after completing the form it may take mods 2/4 days to get back to you depending on number of others in queue

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 3 of 7

Hi JJ,

This sounds like a terrible experience so far. Can you please drop me your fault reference and I'll get some suitable notes added and sent across to Openreach?

Thanks

Steve

jj75283
Message 4 of 7

Hi Steve,

Thanks for picking up on this; I have dropped you the fault ref in a Message.

Thanks, 
Jack

jj75283
Message 5 of 7

Update: Phone line / broadband issues. Not fix after 2 months

Just an update:

We've had an engineer look at the problem today. He rang back this afternoon to inform me that the problem should now be fixed as he found and replaced a faulty module in the cabinet.

We have a dial tone again and a much speedier connection. I will keep an eye on the line, connection and stability for a couple of days and if all is still well I shall mark this as solved.

*** fingers crossed

Message 6 of 7

Re: Update: Phone line / broadband issues. Not fix after 2 months

Hi @jj75283

Thanks for posting back and I'm really pleased to see that things are looking much better Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Re: Update: Phone line / broadband issues. Not fix after 2 months

There’s no such thing as a Module in a Cabinet.
0 Ratings