cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orie1925
Message 1 of 5

Ping Spikes / Lower Speeds

Hi 

Ive recently found my BT infinity 2 has reduced from 60-70MB speeds down to 25-30MB - seemingly without any reason. Also, I am now experiencing ping spikes on some days where my ping will be at 10-15, then spike to 200+ which makes games etc. unplayable. I'm in the W5 postcode in London.

All done with a wired connection

Any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ping Spikes / Lower Speeds

Can you post stats from your router please 

are you you using the test socket with filter to eliminate problems from internal wiring?  If not can you use test socket 

try quiet line test. Dial 17070 option 2. Should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Ping Spikes / Lower Speeds

Hi @orie1925 and welcome.

If you can give us the details as requested by @imjolly I'm sure we'll be able to help. Can you also run the speed test and include those results?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
orie1925
Message 4 of 5

Ealing Restoration - Packet Loss

Hi all,

I'm aware Ealing was restored today which is great. However my connection now has large ping spikes and packet loss which is making any online gaming difficult and speeds down to between 1-10MB as opposed to 60MB+ . Can this be looked into?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Re: Ealing Restoration - Packet Loss

Hey @orie1925,

We'll do our best to help you get your connection back to the way it's supposed to be. @imjolly posted a comment on message 2 of this thread. Can you follow the advice on it and post back to me?

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings