cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Ping fluctuates every couple seconds

After weeks of suffering from this annoying issue where my ping will fluctuate from a seemingly normal ping of 20-40 all the way up to 300+ every couple of seconds, after speaking to customer support several times I have not been able to reach a solution to my problem or even understand why it is happening. 

The lines have been tested on my property by an Engineer who claims for there to be no issues with the line.

It happens on devices that are connected both wirelessly or via ethernet.

I am really stumped on the problem now and its becoming more and more frustrating to enjoy games online when this is happening. 

Is it a router issue? a bandwidth issue? and if so is there any way I can see what devices would be affecting this? 3ac1fc5523005f909b150fdbb874bcfe.png469563169135fbce84668ad16a2f6d11.pngc0c5803a46f63e4d31a0c91655a9ee2e.pngI have attached a few samples of the Ping fluctuating. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ping fluctuates every couple seconds

Welcome to this user forum.

Is anybody else using your connection when this happens?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Yes, usually 2 more people
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@JBaker979 wrote:
Yes, usually 2 more people

Does the problem stop when they are not using your connection?

If it does, then it simply means that their connection is delaying your ping reply, as you do not have any priority over their connection.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

It does tend to stop when no one else is on, however, this was never a problem a few weeks back. Is there any way I can prioritise my connection to combat this?
0 Ratings