Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mattieee
Message 1 of 5

Pinging the HomeHub 3

BT Forum users,

I've been doing a **bleep** of a lot of research into this and I just haven't got anywhere. My initial idea is to get a server working (for this case Minecraft) and all is well by the means of portforwarding the only problem that I am getting is that I can't ping my Home Hub 3. It has teh latest firmware on it and I have turned the DMZ and firewall off. Still no luck, doesn anyone have any help so that I can ping my router?Help.png

I get the same when checking the TCP

Thanks,

MattySmiley Happy 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
machasm
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Pinging the HomeHub 3

Are you trying to ping the router from an external address?

If so most routers (I don't know about the HH3 as my install is tomorrow) do not respond to pings from an external IP unless they are configured to.

i.e. by default they just drop the packet.

So I wouldn't expect to receive any reply from it.

If you are trying from an internal address then sure the router should be replying.

Mac.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

If you are to forward a port, the read this first

There are unresolved issues with port forwarding and local loopback on the home hub 3, which are still ongoing.

Devices on your network that need to be accessed from the Internet may not work

until this problem is resolved.

See Hub 3 port forwarding

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

I am not using the HH3,but most routers have a setting somewhere that you can use to allow [or not] pinging from the outside world.

Check through the settings as there could be one on the HH3.?

And if you are using any of your PC`s as a server [for game hosting maybe] you can also set that PC in the router to DMZ to allow clients to join.But DMZ is not a good idea used permanently.

0 Ratings
Gr1ff
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

The HH3 does not respond in incoming ICMP ping requests and there's no way of turning this feature on.

0 Ratings