Message 11 of 26

Re: Please help - broadband speed lowered by 50%

Go to solution

0149BB9D-E0D4-45DF-8AD2-0DAF6ECEE44F.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

Go to solution

From your stats I would guess you have noise on the line and not a broadband problem. Hard to say when you have no phone to test with. You'll just have to call it in and hope they can detect it.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution
Thank you for your speedy reply. I will see if I can borrow a landline phone from someone. I did try the landline fault check on by which obviously came back clear as did the broadband.

Just odd to have no problems all this time and got them all of a sudden. That said there’s always open reach trucks up at the cabinet everyday I drive past!
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution

The automatic line check doesn't always pick up noise that's why a cheap corded handset always comes in handy. You can pick one up for less than £10.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution

Hiya 

I tried the quiet line and there isn’t a single noise or crackle. Shocked if I’m honest as was hoping there would be a problem 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

Your connection time is very low have you been having problems with connection dropping or have you been resetting hub to try and improve connection or maybe both?

have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that helps improve your low connection speed?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution

Hiya

its been disconnecting to its own accord all last week. It keeps getting a purple light. It feels like our speed has been Downgraded since I renewed, even though I hsve the email when I renewed to say guaranteed 53 which is what we have had for last two years. Just confusing as when I go to upgrade page it states our package is completely different.

How do I find the test socket please? Thank you for your time 

2677433B-E46A-4475-B265-FBB8C5AE3BC0.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution

Just unclip the front of the master and you can see the test socket. Then just connect a filter then your hub to filter and repost hub stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution
Thank you. I’ll have a go later when kids are in bed otherwise all hell will break loose. Thanks for the quick reply!
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution

Morning 

I have plugged into master socket and wow look at the difference. What does this mean? 

C04A4642-CAB7-4EFC-9E8D-839EC4E487EA.png

0 Ratings