Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: Please help - broadband speed lowered by 50%

Go to solution

@Sstarling2015 wrote:

Morning 

I have plugged into master socket and wow look at the difference. What does this mean? 

C04A4642-CAB7-4EFC-9E8D-839EC4E487EA.png

So you have removed the front part, and are now plugged into the test socket behind, is that correct?

Those master sockets give lots of problems.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/2019-Master-Socket-kit-loose/m-p/1985566#M67755

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

Go to solution
Yes sorry it is now plugged into test socket
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution

@Sstarling2015 wrote:
Yes sorry it is now plugged into test socket

Do you have any other phone sockets?

As I have said, its probably an issue with your master socket 5C

As mentioned https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/2019-Master-Socket-kit-loose/m-p/1985566#M67755

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution

Nope no other phone sockets, we don’t use the landline either. Can I keep the router plugged into test socket or will this cause further problems?

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution

what a change  you can just stay in test socket with filter for as long as you want

either there is problem with your faceplate or it was not clipped securely in place   this can happen especially if it gets a knock just enough to affect the connection

I use same master socket as do many others without any problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 26 of 26

Go to solution

It’s an incredible difference isn’t it. I’ll leave it off for now I think, I’ll have happy kids again. Just odd it’s the first time we have encountered a problem with the broadband in 3 years so yes perhaps it was knocked, although we’ve never had speeds that high in all that rime so yes I think I’ll leave it off 🙂

Thanks for everyone’s help it’s really appreciated.

0 Ratings