Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Delinx
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Please help, no internet for 4 days!

Hello,

I live in Canterbury and now for 4 days me (Franklyn Road) and my relatives living close by (Shipmen avenue), as well as many others in the area, have no internet! We tried to contact BT through phone and online chat, and there have been absolutely no answers given. 

I've been using same 3rd party router TD-W9980 for multiple years now with no problem, when I contacted support they just blamed it and told me I need BT router and asked me to find one or wait for one to be delivered, fair enough, I knew it was a waste of time so I stopped the process. 

Instead I went to my relatives house who are living on Shipmen avenue  because I knew they had no internet as well, and it went out at the same time as mine, they had BT router so this time I thought BT support would have to give me an ACTUAL reason, instead they told us what our BT router is outdated and we need a new one (they offered it for free) and it definite WILL fix our problem, support person even guaranteed it, well one day later we connected new router and obviously it fixed nothing. Still steady orange light...

BT, could we please stop pretending what 15+ customers routers suddenly broke down at the same time and inform people of actual reason internet is down for many in Harbledown area and when is expected fix date? Even my neighbor who is using TalkTalk got his internet disconnected at the same moment as everyone's else, so it seems to be affecting other than BT broadband customers too.

The landline is working fine since Wednesday after it was fixed, apparently lightning struck it. After it was fixed we had internet for 5 hours and then it went out and did not come back since. 

The free new router is nice and all, and I understand what it's a most likely a local problem in the area, I just want to know when is it going to be fixed, because it seems like 1st line support would just keep sending me new routers instead of giving real answers. If BT doesn't have this information and its Openreach bussiness then at least I want to hear that!

PPPOE is just stuck on connecting as you can see, been like this for 4 days now...

2019-06-23 13_07_10-TD-W9980.png

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Please help, no internet for 4 days!

you can check service in your area here  https://my.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

have you tried using the bt hub and see if it connects?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Delinx
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Hello  imjolly

Area checker shows no problems in my area currently, last time it showed a problem it was Wednesday, it showed Total Loss Of Service, which was fixed Wednesday evening and we even had internet for 5 hours before it went out and did not come back ever since. 

I tried using bt HUB (old one from my relatives since they got a new one as I explained above) and it made no difference, orange light. 

Also I either somehow opened this without realizing or someone opened it for me, either way there is no updated since 20th. 

2019-06-23 13_29_45-My BT_ Report and track faults.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

if your phone works have you tried your router connected to test socket with a filter?  if still nothing then report fault to 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Delinx
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

I've been connected to test socket through filter for a while. Would 151 redirect me to usual front line support?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

151 is CS where you need to report your fault and request engineer visit

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 10

Yes, 151 will take you  to the usual first line support desk.

From what you have said it does look like an area problem and lightning strike is a big clue.

The @OpenreachHelp guys on twitter may have more info for you. They'll be online until 4.00pm today.

Delinx
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Now that is something valuable! Thank you for reading my post, I will get in touch with them!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 10

Let us know how you get on.

0 Ratings
Delinx
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Sadly they said they cannot do anythIng unless BT reports fault to them first.

I heard a bunch of neighbours got enigeer visit booked on Sunday, so another 6/7 days without internet. 😞

Unless they meant today, so there is slight hope. 

0 Ratings