Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 18

Re: Poor Service By Open Reach

@nathan88 wrote:
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2014/famr-statement

I've just checked the Openreach site and can confirm that Openreach are within the targets set by OFCOM. I cannot post the heat maps without Openreach permission so you'll have to take my word for it.

2018-04-17 14_18_15-Microsoft PowerPoint - [NewRepairheatmap17Apr2018 [Read-Only]].png

The target set by OFCOM is a national one so yes, there may be delays in certain areas but as long as the 80% national target is met OFCOM will not intervene.

The FTTP team should be able to find out and tell you what the delay is.

0 Ratings
nathan88
Beginner
Message 12 of 18

I was simply advising OFCOM that in this case the service has been poor. I was not expecting any action from them.

I think if more people reported the poor service then maybe the OpenReach figures wouldn't be as glowing.

FTTP team have been as useless as the rest of BT.

Thanks anyway.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 18

I think you are missing the point. It matters not what ISP customers report to OFCOM, you are not their customer so have no responsibility to you in regard to broadband connections. You can thank the other ISP's for this as they lobbied for Openreach to be hived off from BT.

nathan88
Beginner
Message 14 of 18

Thanks for the unhelpful comment. I think we can leave the OFCOM subject.

Anything helpful would be appreciated.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

The only help you can get from here is to be directed to the FTTP team.

There is no other option. The mods here can't deal with FTTP issues, they will direct you to the FTTP team just as everyone else has.

Technonerd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

They are not being unhelpful, they're explaining how Ofcom works with ISPs. Ofcom is a regulator that is reponsible for setting realistic guidelines and targets for both Openreach and ISPs to meet.

0 Ratings
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 18

Where abouts in the Country are you?
0 Ratings
Ballsteven
Beginner
Message 18 of 18

We are in the same position - have the ONT and a light but we are routed to the wrong port at the exchange. Our new build has never been connected and apparently we should be one one port but the routing gets lost and we end up on a totally different port.
Openreach are having to survey the line again to confirm where the issues are, which they have quoted should be completed today, but I am not holding my breath! Once surveyed we will then have to wait for a connection date. We too ordered February.
0 Ratings