Did you mean: 
Letmeboogey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Poor Service and poor technical support

Poor Service and poor technical support
Options
on ‎27-08-2015 12h30

I noticed that from Jan to April ths year i was getting a download speed of about 14.8 since April this has been gradually down to 13.8 and now settled on 12.8 after new activation to faster broadband. I am on exchange only line, i was told i can get faster bt broadband as i was told they could gurantee a minium of 13 mb but BT sales told it will definatley be faster, so i signed up to it. I was only paying £14 for my broadband but was told to move onto faster broadband it will go up to £21 and a new connection charge of £35. Now after my activation my broadband is slower running at 12.8 or less so now i am paying more for less.

The technical support do basic checks i was told it take up to days for the speed to settle so why has upload speed gone up from 0.80 to 1.15 almost immediatley.

They hasve asked to resrt my twice and rest the router twice. I got an email to say my new service is activated yet the support team say it is partially activated but not fully so how can that be. I do not understand how my speed has dropped and the support team just keeping passing the buck and they say they will do checks and call you back the next day but never do. How do i get my profile rest to try and put this right and how can i get a refund as i was sold a product that does match what i was told.Please help, i just keep going round in circles with them and does it really take that long to stabilise, i be they havent reset my line at all

I have a BT hub5 which i was sent as as part of faster broadband, i live in burwell, cambridge

6. Data rate: 1237 / 13265
7. Maximum data rate:1237 / 13627
8. Noise margin: 6.1 / 6.4
9. Line attenuation: 14.7 / 35.5
10. Signal attenuation:14.7 / 29.7

Exchange BURWELL is served by Cabinet 8

Exchange BURWELL is served by Cabinet 8

Featured Products
Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)
Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)
Downstream Range(Mbps)
Availability Date
HighLowHighLow
FTTC Range A (Clean) 19.5 12.7 1.2 0.8 -- Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 15 5.2 1.2 0.6 -- Available

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 9 -- 7 to 11 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 9 Up to 1 7 to 11 Available
ADSL Max Up to 8 -- 7 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Letmeboogey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Poor Service and poor technical support

my speed ihas dropped and it looks like Bt have reduced the line capacity to get me moved over to faster broadband which apprently is like cut down version of infinity for all those on exchange only lines. I was told it takes 10 days to settle down and they said it would increase, they also said they cant reset my profile and snr, even though their support team must have rest it numerous times and i am sure their monitoring systems must think i have an issue and reduced my speed to keep it stable especially during the stabilisation period. I was told we dont need to do it as it will settle in 10 days and you will notice an increase. i noticed before my new faster broadband service was due to be activated i was getting 13.8mb and an hour later after the new service was activated this dropped to below 13mb si i now feel as though i have been misled and paying more and getting less.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 5

Looking at the HH5 stats it appears that 13mb is the most you line can support. You'dve been better staying on ADSL2.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

You can't get FTTC on an exchange-only line - because there isn't a cabinet.  Sometimes they will install a new cabinet just outside the exchange, though.

It sounds like you're a long way from the cabinet.  The VDSL2 signal used by Infinity doesn't travel so well as traditional ADSL (or ADSL2+), so on a long line, there may be no improvement in switching to it.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 5

The OP is on a cabinet as shown by the checker.

His current speed is within the A range.

0 Ratings