cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Poor Speed

Go to solution

So I'm on the Home Essentials package 67down 20up with a speed guarantee of a measly 34down.

The down speed is 21 and up speed 13 today Sunday 4th July.

I thought FTTP was NOT a contended service like adsl2 over copper so why the **bleep** speeds?

No doubt I will have to claim the £20 speed guarantee refund from BT, they won't send it me automatically for FAILING to provide a service they advertised and have taken my hard earned for!

BT as much use as a chocolate fireguard, absolutely dreadful!

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Poor Speed

Go to solution

I beleive you have to call the fault in before you can claim - and also the speed needs to be below you guaranteed speed when using Troubleshooter and Speed tester 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.

So although BT happily take your CASH they can't be arsed monitoring  your speed and put the onus onto the customer in the hope the customer can't be arsed jumping through hoops, reading small print and wasting half a day trying to get what they originally paid for!

BT should have systems in place that generate the refunds automatically if/when BT FAIL to provide the speeds the customer PAID FOR!

An utter shambles and disgrace!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

are you on FTTP or more likely FTTC

your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

I've not got a phone number, I'm talking about internet speed here over FTTP.

Yes I am using a super hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

can you post hub stats?

use your address in dslchecker and post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Also how are you running the speed tests - wirelessly or wired? What speed checker are you using as well? These things can affect the results you get

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

I'm running the speed tests the same way I did when I got 50 down and a solid 20.8 up.

Ookla and fast.com.

07/04/2021
2:52 PM
< 50
Manchester
IDS LTD
BT

07/04/2021
2:38 PM
< 50
Manchester
IDS LTD
BT

07/04/2021
1:55 PM
< 50
Manchester
HighNet Telecoms
BT

07/04/2021
1:54 PM
< 50
Manchester
HighNet Telecoms
BT
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

@chudofbroady  Until you post the  information @imjolly has requested then no-one can assist you. Up to you if you require help or not.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

@chudofbroadyon your Other Thread you stated BT weren't activating you until 6th July, your connection was activated by 'a contact at OR managed to get it sorted for me and now I have a live working fttp connection.'

Your order with BT isn't live, so you're not being charged and BT can't raise a fault until the order closes.

0 Ratings