Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d207c
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 21

Re: Poor Upload speeds, disappointing download speeds - Infinity 2

@pippincp wrote:

The problem you have is that you are within the range for an impacted line and neither BT nor any other UK domestic ISP is worried abour nor gives credence to upload speeds.

What do you mean by impacted line? Am I screwed? 

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 12 of 21

The result of the checker you posted showed a range from 18.3 to 39.3 but without your profile we can't comment further.

0 Ratings
d207c
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 21

@pippincp wrote:

The result of the checker you posted showed a range from 18.3 to 39.3 but without your profile we can't comment further.

And the diagnostics page still isn't working. 

Great stuff BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 21

Is your phone line noisy? Do the quiet line test by dialling 17070 option 2 and listen for noises. It should be silent.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
d207c
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 21

@ray_dorset wrote:

Is your phone line noisy? Do the quiet line test by dialling 17070 option 2 and listen for noises. It should be silent.

Sounds like a constant buzzing noise but it may just be the phone. There is a very faint clicking noise in the background too, happens every 4 seconds or so and it very quiet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 21

Well that's not good. Your phone line should be silent.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 21

Please try this test https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/reporting.do?pageId=21
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
d207c
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 21

Looks like there is a fault. They aim to have it fixed by Thursday 13 Nov. Hopefully my speeds get a jump but i'm not optimistic. We've had engineers out before and the speed stayed the same. Thanks for the help though!

0 Ratings
d207c
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 21

Update

Engineer came out the Tuesday, ran some tests and said the fault was on the line. Said he would come back either the next day or the day after with a hoist for going up the pole. Doesn't appear either day and internet stops working altogether. We call up BT and the earliest they can send out an engineer is Saturday meaning we spent the rest of the week with no internet. Oh and the phone was off too. Engineer arrives Saturday and says that the first engineer made a change on the line and that he needed to make a similar change in the house. Does it and eveything is working again but apparently the first guy said he tried to get into the house but nobody was home. Except I was home all day. And I gave him my number. No calls were made and I didn't see or hear anyone. 

Anyway, things are back to normal which means poor upload speeds and disappointing download speeds. This time however I can run the further diagnostics test on the BT website.

fdt.png

Have had a chat with an engineer and he was surprised at the speeds we were getting, especially the upload speeds. He thought it would be closer to the speed the BT site tells me I could get. 

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 20 of 21

Notwithstanding the reason for the low speed there is no point paying for Infinity 2, you could save money by moving to Infinity 1.

I'm sure the experts will be along shortly to suggest your next course of action.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings