cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Poor connection

Hi,

Recently I upgraded and nearly doubled my connection with BT, but everything seems to work worst than before. On my old connection I could easily surf on the websites on all my devices and now I expected no difference doubling my speed but now it's horrible, especially evenings when I try to watch movie on my laptop on amazon prime it's loading or lagging during. Or on my phone loading and loading movies on facebook etc which never happend before.

Please could I ask for any advise what can I check or do or if there is anything you guys can check or do to fix this please?

When I run speed check it says that I am receiving full speed but apparently not when 5 min later I can't load movie.

I wish to not switch now I pay more for worst service.

Please help.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Poor connection

Hi @LukaszP 

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having with your broadband speed and that you feel things are worse than before the upgrade.

Are the devices you're having problems on connected wired or by Wi-Fi? 

Have a look at this link for help with Wi-Fi connected devices - >> Improve your Wi-Fi with BT - a checklist << -

For advice about slow broadband speeds check this out ->> Broadband speed: What affects your home broadband? <<-

Post back and let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank Robbie for quick reply. I forgot to mention that I had few connection drop downs last weeks. When I switch I was provided with newer BT hub 2 and it lays in the same place as old one so it should not be location issue.  All my devices are wifi connected. I went through links you sent me and I'm wondering about complete wifi. Should I be getting one bt disc with my new hub? I received only smart hub.  I don't know what to think about all of this. From my side it looks odd.I nearly double my speed, nothing changed apart of switching to "better" hub device and suddenly my phone, my wife phone, tablet and laptop struggle to play movies. Isn't that weird?

Will keep this post updated for any connection issue.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @LukaszP, you have to add complete wifi to your package to get additional discs but it is very good and ensuring full wifi coverage throughout your home. One other thing that I'd recommend trying is changing the wireless mode on your hub as some older devices may not work so well on the default setting. 

Thanks 
Neil

0 Ratings