cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ciara1
Message 1 of 4

Poor internet signal from Smart Hub

My internet has been very slow and cutting out for the last few weeks. This happens with the WiFi on my devices but also when my laptop is connected directly to the smart hub via the Ethernet cable.
I’ve talked to two BT techs on the phone and done every check they’re asked with no solution, both conversations 1 hr + long and both said they couldn’t help me as they checked and there is sufficient signal getting to the hub and the system won’t let them send out a technician or a replacement hub so I’m sitting in a contract I can’t get out off (over £200 to terminate contract early) and paying for a service I’m not getting. Atrocious customer support!! Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so any advice?! Thanks
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Poor internet signal from Smart Hub

can you post your hub stats  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

can you conenct to test socket with a filter to eliminate any internal wiring problems

have you turned off smart setup?

have you split the 2.4/5ghz networks?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Ciara1
Message 3 of 4

Which stats do you need exactly? I have typed in my phone number and received a table of results.
I have tried turning smart set up of and have also split the 2.4/5 networks but this does not make a difference
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

need the dslchecker table posted and also the hh6 stats from technical log information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings