cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Poor second line install

Yesterday i had a second line installed just for fibre 1 broadband

BT had quoted 16Mb dowload , but i get 25Mb with Sky and my neighbours get 23Mb,

This install was done by a sub contractor not Openreach, i had concerns about the line the engineer was going to use and had mentioned this to him , 20 min later he had gone .

Hub powers up and goes blue , i have an appalling  download speed of 11Mps and up 0.8Mps  The engineer has also made my primary line incur severe  errored second faults which has been up to this point stable.

contact BT and they say i have a fault on the new line . they arrange for an engineer to come out today 13th 1pm -6pm , i get a call at 11.15 to say he is at my house , i popped to see him he confirms a fault.

I  had no notification of the fault being repaired & the the fault tracker said the engineer had completed his job, the speed was worse with 9mpb down and up 0.4.

At 7pm today i have no broadband on my new second line and a poor connection on  Primary Sky line.

BT has arranged for an engineer to come out Monday , which would be 5 days after installation

Do i need to contact Sky to check my other line, which has been  upset by the new BT installation ?

I have 10day of statistics from my modem to show the errors have started in the last 18 hours .

Where do i go from here and what advice can people give me ?

dbigger

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Poor second line install

Enter your BT phone number and post results. Remember delete number. https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Check lines for noise dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Here we go , broadband only line so no 17070Screenshot at 2021-05-13 22-38-00.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Can you post hub stats from hub manager then advanced settings then technical log information.

You must have a phone line just no phone package as you need the line to get broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Hub stats

Screenshot at 2021-05-14 10-50-35.pngScreenshot at 2021-05-14 10-48-24.pngScreenshot at 2021-05-14 10-45-53.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Just to note it is connected to the master socket , i have tried a different faceplate and cable

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

the hub stats don't show any internet connection or dsl connection time

there should also be max data rate, noise margin,attenuation etc

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

These are the statistics from Sky line showing fault accumulations before and after installation of my BT second line

Screenshot at 2021-05-14 11-13-47.pngScreenshot at 2021-05-14 11-13-28.pngof line faults

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Yes that's correct , i have no broadband, the original post i stated it went down at 7pm yesterday evening 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

are you able to connect hub to the test socket with a filter and see if that makes any difference?  is there a dialtone?

0 Ratings