cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SueH2
Message 1 of 13

Poor service/BT don't care!

We were advised to upgrade from infinity 1 to 2 after rubbish service due to connection issues. Paid £50 for a new hub and waited 10 days for an engineer after the new hub couldn't maintain connection either . Supposedly the problem was due to poorly 'cribbed' wires at the base of our pole outside so all was declared cured yesterday by the engineer . We had connection but poor speeds last night,and then the hub went off about two hours ago and now we have no connection at all .

I'm so sick of the kids complaining and wonder what we pay all this money for?!
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Poor service/BT don't care!

Can you post the connection stats from your home hub please.

Are you connected to the master socket or an extension?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

are you using test socket with new filter

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SueH2
Message 4 of 13

Connected to the master socket and sorry to be dim- how do I run these tests with no internet service at all?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

Can you remove the faceplate and connect to the test socket?

Log into the router home page and provide the connection stats f any are displayed.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Checked2013
Expert
Message 6 of 13

@SueH2 wrote:
Connected to the master socket and sorry to be dim- how do I run these tests with no internet service at all?

Sorry to hear this has happened to you and I guess they didn't read your post saying that you've got no internet

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

the test soket is located here Test Socket.jpgit is behind the faceplate   you could also phone the broadband staus line for any faults in your area 08001690199

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

the fault could be due to a faulty face plate or phone line that is why checking the quiet line test and using the test socket are suggested
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

I think you have been given bad advice if you were informed that "upgrading" from Infinity 1 to Infinity 2 would cure any disconnection problems you have.

As has been suggested can you connect to the test socket.

You can still see the limited stats that are available from the Homehub even although you are not connected to the Internet. They may be able to show if in fact you are getting a connection or if as you suspect, your connection is dead.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 10 of 13

Not solved, I think?

0 Ratings