cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Port forwarding Behaviour?

Go to solution

Hi

Recent upgrade to FFTH. New bthub2. I have 6 ip camera`s of which only one will link to my ios16 enabled i-phone and i-pad?, using ipCam-Viewer.

ALL worked on the previous Copper to router system, and port forwarded with no issue. The one camera that does port forward is the only "Onvif" 8999 port device. the others all use straight ip 196.168.1.xxx: xxxxx addresses in the range 81 to 230. The only change is the obvious ones, New ip (bt) 196.168.1.254 With the same user/password as my previous setup.

Pete

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Port forwarding Behaviour?

Go to solution

Two things.

Give the devices static addresses on the devices themselves in the range .1 to .63 outside of the DHCP range of the hub rather than using address reservation.

Turn off UPnP

Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

HI

All the Camera`s have UPnP turned off even those outside the DHPC range. Mysteriously still fail to connect.

Pete

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

You need to turn off UPnP in the hub

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

HI

UPnp Is turned off in the hub too. I have even disabled the Firewall (briefly) to see if that was part of the issue. (not). So far ONLY the (now2) camera`s can be remotely accessed. The one using Onvif and one other stand alone WiFi by Reolink. all my other camera`s are inaccessible. And only the Onvif camera will access my network.

The only change, IS the bt hub2?.

Pete

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Is that IP address range in your first post a typo, just noticed it is not the 192.168.1 xxx that the hub uses.

Assuming it is a typo, you might have to factory reset all your devices, including the hub, and start again from scratch.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

To reiterate

The bt smart hub 2 has an ip address 192.168.1.254?. This it as configured ex bt. and is on a new FFTH connection. I am more used to working with Copper and the last two Routers had the ip 192.168.1.1.

My camera`s are all set in the range 192.168.1. xxx , where xxx is the individual device ip (plus the port number range between 81 and 1025) see screenshot:-

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 15-28-57 Firewall.png

Pete

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

So it was a typo.

Have you tried creating the rules using the IP address of the cameras rather than their network names?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Rather obvious, but possibly missed, if the cameras get their ip address from dhcp have you restarted them to ensure they have ip addresses issued by the SH2? If not they are likely to have the old router address as their gateway address.

Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Re message 7.

I see all your cameras have static IP assignments which for Sky would be in the range 192.168.0.xxx. Pretty obvious question I suppose but are you sure that you saved the change to suit the new subnet addresses before you changed the router?

You could try temporarily changing the subnet on your SH2 to that of Sky and seeing if that helps, don't forget that you'll also need a pc or laptop connected to the same subnet.

0 Ratings