Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gabloe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Possible line congestion at peak times?

Over the last weekend and this evening I have experienced what appears to me to be line congestion. I am on a wired connection into my router, so it's not a wifi issue. I've shut all other devices down and run speed tests and it's great off peak, but really slow at peak times.

Could you check my cabinet for me please, for signs of peak hours congestion?

I enclose a screenshot of my details below from the BT Broadband Availability Checker. 

BT_Cabinet.JPG

Here's a speedtest I ran a few minutes ago. https://www.speedtest.net/result/8032393067 (Ping and upload great - download is moderate, but a lot slower than normal.)

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Possible line congestion at peak times?

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes run diagnostic test and post result must be done with wired connection 

http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Gabloe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for your response. Here are screenshots of the test and diagnostics.BTSpeedTest.JPGBTSpeedTest2.JPG

0 Ratings
Gabloe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Here is a speed test for an "off peak" comparison. (I didn't shut everything else down for this one, but did for the earlier test).BTSpeedTest3.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Hi @Gabloe

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having with your broadband speed during peak times.  It does sound like congestion.  What exchange are you connected to and I will check for any known issues?  I may need your details to know for sure but let me know the exchange you're connected to and we'll take it from there.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 10

Err @RobbieMac Hastings as per DSL checker in OP.Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 10

@pippincp wrote:

Err @RobbieMac Hastings as per DSL checker in OP.Smiley Very Happy

Oh dear, I blame the early hours of the morning.  How I didn't see that!! Smiley LOL

@Gabloe Nothing obvious stands out whilst checking this.  I'll need your details to know for sure.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you.

Cheers,

Robbie

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
Gabloe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Thanks. I've responded to the PM.
0 Ratings
Porterballs
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Hello I'm also in hastings! Had a engineer out this morning but he cant find any fault in the line! Its apparently on bts end, i have congested inconsistent speed since Thursday and seen no improvement! Was also up graded to fibre superfast 2 so haven't seen any benefit from that yet! I hope bt let us know what's going on as like I said the engineer cant solve the issue, he mentioned bt wholesale and problems further up north, and several of hes friends in hastings are experiencing the same issues
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Porterballs

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

Sorry that you're also having this problem.  You may also be connected to the same SVLAN as @Gabloe but we can check that out from here.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you.

Cheers,

Robbie

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings