cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Preventive maintenance

Tree surgeons working nextdoor have told me that the fibre cables connecting my house to BT's pole have become frayed where they pass through a tree in my garden.  I'd like this sorted before we lose our connection but I can't find any way to get BT onto it as atm everything is still working normally.  I've been hoping to avoid a lengthy phone call, is there an alternative?  Can you guys help in any way?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Preventive maintenance

Its Openreach you would need to report the damage to.

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety

They may not do anything until there is a fault.

Message 3 of 7

Just to clarify,  are  BT your provider ? Lots of people  think ‘BT’ are responsible for the external network even if they use another company like Talk Talk or Vodafone as their provider , the fact you say a BT pole suggests you may think that way .

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for that.  Unfortunately the 'Submit' button isn't working.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@iniltousYes, BT is our provider.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I would be extremely surprised if Openreach took any action. Unfortunately, preventative maintenance is a thing of of the past and Openreach will only respond to a fault condition.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Little point reporting it directly to Openreach as Damage because all they’ll do is send an Engineer, who may or may not be FTTP Trained to assess the Damage.

If they’re not FTTP Trained they’ll most likely tell you to report it as an FTTP Fault to your CP.

If the Engineer is FTTP Trained chances are they won’t change it out anyway until it goes faulty and it’s reported as an FTTP Fault to your CP.

0 Ratings