cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayJ
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Priority Customer!

New Customers beware!!!Order placed for BT infinity on 3rd June - 4 failed appointments, advised I'm a priority Customer!! New appointment date 8 Aug ????
I give up .

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
siteguru
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Priority Customer!

Who are you migrating from?

What does the order tracker say in MyBT? If it says something like "appointment no longer required" it probably means your current ISP has placed a cease on the line, which prevents BT/Openreach from scheduling a proper FTTC appointment until that ceased date has elapsed. (This was the issue I had).

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Looks like Sky ADSL from one of his many recent posts.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
JayJ
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Yep, was on regular good old fashioned reliable Sky, but kids prompted a move for gaming etc Swayed by the offer of free BT Sports!!
Big mistake.... Numerous afternoons wasted with failed appointments, totally inadequate service and extremely incompetent from start!! we haven't even got past installation yet ! Now I remember why I left BT years ago!! Nothing's changed, time for me to go back to believe in better!!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
tomown
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Just a thought, did you have your home phone available when you were supposed to have the engineer round? Because when I had mine done they phoned once and I missed the call. They then called again to confirm I was actually in before coming round. It does say that in your preperation emails, that you should have your phone line available, might not be the case but worth considering.

0 Ratings
JayJ
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

My mobile number was my point of contact and yes phone line working, after numerous failed attempts at porting my number from Sky they gave me a new line. Ordered Infinity & phone line on same on-line order! Was told by Sky that BT had not requested my number to be portrd, then cease was cancelled by BT. Then reordered by them, Phone working great, just no Infinity engineer .BT gave me double appointments- send texts & Emails to my phone to confirm I was home, but alas no show!!!
0 Ratings