Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jonh87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Problem with Infinity 1 Speed

Go to solution

Have had infinity 1 for awhile no problems until Friday afternoon when everything slowed down. Did a BT speed check Friday night and diagnostics  and around 2mb/s .All weekend it was below 7and often under 2mb/s  Did another diagnostic exercise Sunday evening still very low speed.

Monday morning.from 8 until noon it was up to 28 and then dropped right down to under 2 during the day . Had live chat with BT who eventually  said problem was outside my house .

This morning speed was nearly 40 but dropped during day to under 2again .Have had text messages from BT that problem is now in  house and to do various tests and test through test socket etc and then this evening a call from BT where we went through changing channel frequences etc . Then get text telling me service should be back to normal now  ,currently getting under 2mb/s Upload speed is fine and always about the same . But service is definitely not back to normal. They had scheduled an engineer to investigate this yesterday but then cancelled that today.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Problem with Infinity 1 Speed

Go to solution

Can you post stats from your router

which exchange and cabinet are you on?

check for line noise. Dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded 

run btspeedtester and when first test completes run diagnostic test and post result must be done with wired connection.  Post results when speed is ok and another set when poor

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
jonh87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks i didnt know about quiet line test i have just done that and it is quiet.  This doesnt solve the problem but is helpful to know. As for speeds when i am at home i have been doing them almost hourly and have run the diagnostic tests twice and again via call from BT this evening my best speed has been 39 and worst was tonight at 1.31  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

You need to post the information I asked for as it will help and needed if you require mod help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
jonh87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

@imjolly               

Thank you .Last night at 11-45 the speed had picked up sufficiently for me to download a few things- about 7mb/s  and by 12-40 it was just over 20.    

I woke up in the early hours and couldnt resist a look and was over 60mb/s    At 8-11 my performance test is as below and that is in line with yesterday morning at the same time . If history is repeated i will now drop during the day so that by evening the speed is useless .

I am March exchange cabinet 14 

Screen shot 2018-07-11 at 08.11.31.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

need to post results when bad preferably the diagnostic results which is after first test completes and with wired connection

you also need to post stats from your router

jonh87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

I have been in most of day so have kept a regular check on speeds . It was  50mbs at 6-45am  36.86 just after 8am and then between that and 11mb/s until just before 4pm Been under 2 since 4pm. This is lowest speed recorded so far since 4pm

incecScreen shot 2018-07-11 at 17.00.00.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

can you not get the diagnostic test to work?  it follows the completion of the first btspeedtester test

must be done wired and best with IE/Edge

can you post stats from your router please

jonh87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Just an update for those with similar problem. I spoke to very helpful person at English call centre couple of days back who advised me that my original engineers appointment mid week  was cancelled as a test was done and i had high speeds. If they carried it out between 2am and 7 am i do get good speeds .Then get between 40 and 19 until around noon ,the low teens until 4 pm and then mostly under 2 until midnight when they pick up again .

Anyway they carried out another test their end thursday  and agreed i was about 2.6 at 4-15 pm and booked an engineers appointment for next week. I then found  yesterday evening  on my fault tracker on web site that my case was shown as solved with no open faults Contacted them again yesterday evening when i saw this and  no one can confirm that an engineer is coming or not  but they did give me another case number and a fix date of when engineer is  due .They did test my speed again last night and it was under 2mb/s at 7pm and said tests showed fault was outside my house.

The pattern of last weekend has repeated itself speed at 10-24 am was as per diagnostics below 1.82.( weekdays i get between 25 and 15 at that time ) I have been out since then but it is currently 1.56 So in summary all weekend and weekday evenings after 3-30pm my speed is below 5 and often under 2 and weekday mornings to mid afternoon 40 to 10  --if i get up at 6-30 am speeds are over 60mb/s. The only pattern i can see there is people are at home from work and school when my speeds drop and at school /work or asleep when  they are high   

I will now see what happens early next week

Screen shot 2018-07-14 at 10.24.42.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

The engineer can do nothing to correct a network fault so no point in sending one.

Complete the tests and post the results @imjolly has asked for and it can be taken forward for you from here.(edit, see you've now done that).

Now wait for a mod to drop in.

Which exchange are you on?