Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liamg91
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Problem with upgrading to Ultrafast fibre 2

Go to solution
Hi guys
I currently have Superfast fibre 4 unlimited and have fibre to the premises (FTTP) installed in my house. I am wanting to upgrade to Ultrafast fibre 2. It says on the landline and postcode tracker for my house number that if i was a new customer i could buy Ultrafast fibre 2 straight away, but if i go to upgrade it doesnt give me the option. Ive also rang bt and on their computer systems at the call centre say i cant upgrade either but if i was a new customer i can order it. Could you guys shed any light on this.
Thanks
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problem with upgrading to Ultrafast fibre 2

Go to solution

did you phone the dedicated FTTP team on 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
liamg91
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Hi
Yes, they said exactly the same thing. I just dont understand. I asked if i could end my contract and start a new one on ultrafast fibre 2 but they said i would incur charges and im not doing that. At a bit of a dead end.
0 Ratings
Rdan
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
I had the same problem. Then the other day tried to do an upgrade and still had the issue. Opened another tab and did a post code check which showed that i could get ultrafast 2. Then went back to the tab with the upgrade option and it worked. I now have ultrafast 2 upgraded from superfast 4.
0 Ratings
Rdan
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
I had the same probmem. Then about a week ago tried again online. Still had the issue but when i opened a new tab and did a post code check as a new customer it again showed that i could get ultrafast 2. Went back to the upgrade tab and it worked.... upgraded from superfast 4 to ultrafast 2.
0 Ratings
liamg91
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks.

That didnt work, but i got through to someone who knew what they were doing today and they accessed a back office secondary system......and it worked! Only took 5 months.
0 Ratings