cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Problems ordering Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) Broadband with VoIP Phone (via Fibre)

Hi All,

Amazingly I've decided to place an order with BT (despite having absolutely terrible experiences in the past) for Fibre to the Premises.  We also wanted our landline phone to be via the fibre cable using VoIP rather than using the existing Copper cable.  This seems like a simple request for a phone and broadband provider? Apparently not...

Anyway after hours (and hours) on the phone and being swapped between multiple departments I understood at the point of ordering that I was ordering VoIP with my FTTP broadband (excellent news).  Then after the order had finally gone through I was informed (by our current provider) that BT was taking over the Copper phone line in a fortnights time?!  After yet another phone call to the 'connections team' (and another hour) they then informed me that VoIP was not available with the FTTP broadband!

Can someone please help with whether BT are actually capable of installing Fibre to the Premises with a VoIP phone, but without taking over the Copper phone line???

Can't quite believe its taken probably 5 hours of my life to make a fibre order (which is now wrong).  Phoned my current provider and they seemed to understand within 30 seconds what I was trying to achieve!!

Many thanks for your help in advance,

Lawrence

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Problems ordering Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) Broadband with VoIP Phone (via Fibre)

Also any idea why BT are selling FTTP broadband with your landline phone being maintained via Copper?  I thought the future was fibre, including VoIP for phone calls?  

0 Ratings