cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Problems with noise margin

Absolutely correct. No ISP can perform a reset at present, but certain ISPs can request OR to carry out a DLM reset (in a very controlled manner). The OR link that I posted explained this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 12 of 18

I must admit I hadn't seen that briefing. I'm assuming you haven't actually read it.

I don't know what stage it is at but assume it is heading towards it's end as it's an interim solution. Going forward improvement work will have to have been done.

@imjolly

"This interim solution is to allow CPs to supply Openreach with a list of lines they would like the caution counters reset on. Each Openreach CP can supply a list of up to 1,000 lines each week day which we must receive before 3pm. These lines will then have the caution counters reset that night.

However, it is anticipated that this solution will be used for an initial large bulk reset of lines deemed to be stuck. From then on it is anticipated that resets will only be requested when improvement work has been carried out on the line by a non Openreach person."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 18

at present the mods have not been advise that anything has changed when it comes to getting the DLM reset  as I said that is hopefully going to change in the future

as soon as I saw @bellerby thread and the solution I immediatley asked mods knowing full well someone was going to post about it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 18

I guess things must have moved on as my reset was carried out at 3:50PM, rather than overnight.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

@bellerby wrote:

I guess things must have moved on as my reset was carried out at 3:50PM, rather than overnight.

as I said the mods did not request a DLM reset for your problem but just referred your problem to their suppliers who made the DLM reset decision

It was your thread that I queried with the mods this afternoon

this was the reply

'No change I'm afraid its not something we can do, in this particular case we escalated the fault and the reset was the outcome'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 18

OK, I'm certainly not looking to argue about this, as I was delighted with the end result I obtained via this forum. I was merely trying to point out that engineer attendance is no longer the ONLY way to have a reset carried out.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

the sooner the mods get to organise a DLM reset the better

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Yep, couldn't agree more. My result was unexpected but nonetheless very welcome. I was hoping for an OR visit accompanied by a reset to get the line above the min. guarantee. Whatever the detail of how the decision was taken, I can only see it as win/win - a satisfied customer and the avoidance of an uneccessary visit by OR.
0 Ratings