cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 13

Re: Process for moving to a brand new cabinet that has been located in our village?

Someone will know, but likely not anyone who is customer facing.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Ian67
Beginner
Message 12 of 13

Re: Process for moving to a brand new cabinet that has been located in our village?

Hi you've got no chance of being put on new cabinet ive got same problem i get speeds of 2.5 if I'm lucky cause we are over 3500 metres from cabinet all the other properties in the village get fibre from cabinet but i live down a long straight a new cabinet cabinet has been installed just round the corner where there are about a dozen house's that is only 400 metres from our property  contractors installed new armoured cable through ducting outside our drive the cabinet been up and running for over 18 months I've phone sky about being moved to new cabinet and been told they can only raise falts with openreach sky said cancel service and reorder and they can request a survey to be put on the new cabinet I've cancelled service and now they said it can't be done you can't speak to openreach as there's no customer service I've sent many emails to openreach they say there's no fibre in our area I've emailed stated a new cabinet has been installed they've emailed back saying it can't be done as properties are served by there own underground duct there is only two man holes to new cabinet an engineer even traced a pair of wire's to new cabinet I've emailed openreach stated this and they say there's no fibre in our area and get together with your neighbours for fibre partnership scheme my neighbours have fibre and get 80mb from new cabinet I've emailed back stating this but openreach ignore my emails it's so frustrating I'm the only property who can't get fibre in our area I've given up now and brought a ee 4g home router and antenna kit and get speeds of 30 to 50 hope you have better luck than me 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 13

You are posting on a two year old thread and the OP has not been back to the forum since the last post so you may not get a reply.

0 Ratings