cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Profile has dropped over the years wont go back up?

Hi Any advice please.

Over the years my previously fine 70mb connection has been dropping and dropping down to today it's 45mb im on infinity 2 orwhatever they are calling it these days and my old minimum speed that i could get was 55mb, now they are saying the minimum is 45mb??

So not only ha smy profile been dropping over time now the max i can get is lower 2, i find this unacceptable that when i signed up it's one thing and now it's something else?

Is there anything that i can do about this?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Profile has dropped over the years wont go back up?

post the stats from your router

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

check for line noise  dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone

your profile is based on your connection speed not the other way round   so to get higher profile you need a faster conenction speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

VDSL Range A (Clean)8062.6201955AvailableAvailable-- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)8056.1201744AvailableAvailable-- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 2--1 to 3.5Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 1.5--1 to 2.5Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate0.5----Available---- 
Fixed Rate0.5----Available---- 
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapN      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date29-06-2018    

1. Product Name: HomeHub52. Serial number: +076284+14430025073. Firmware version: v0.07.07.03230-BT (Type B) Last updated 28/4/20184. Board version: 015. VDSL uptime: 4 days, 23:01:156. Data Rate: 20000 / 489987. Maximum Data Rate: 20297 / 574288. Noise Margin: 6.0 / 7.69. Line Attenuation: 13.4 / 14.610. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.011. Data sent/received: 17.5 GB / 135.4 GB12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com13. BT Wi-fi: Yes14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-P3Z815. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 300 Mb/s))16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-P3Z819. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)21. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)22. Firewall: Default23. MAC Address: 18:83:bf:eb:10:3724. Software variant: -25. Boot loader: 0.5.0-BT (Tue Jun 17 18:52:56 2014)

Nothing on the noise test i can hear, i used to get 76mb down in like 2012 so clearly the line used to connect faster nothings changed my end though

thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I've just been told by BT tech support to swap the ethernet cable between my pc to router apparently that will fix the router's connection to the exchange (kill me pls)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

it's not unusual for connection speed to drop from initial setup due to more people being added to your street cabinet causing more crosstalk

have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves the connection/attainable speed by eliminating your internal wiring and your current faceplate

if you try test socket can you post new stats to see if any improvement  at same time check there is no dial tone at any extension socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

No uysing the other socket doesnt seem to make any difference, it may be normal but it's below the minimum they garentee, what are my options from this point?

i would liek to add i've had this line/connection since 2012 it's only been the last year it's gone down thats i've noticed

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

if you are still in test socket can you post stats to compare with previous set

0 Ratings