cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Profile reset needed or just some patience?

Go to solution

Our landline and infinity connection was enabled over a month ago.  We were out of the property for 2 years and prior to moving out we achieved 40MB+ speeds.  Since we moved back in the homehub was reporting ~20MB.  I put this down to contention ratio on the line or something of the sort.

A few days ago i noticed our landline wasn't working, we never use the thing and only have it for the broadband.

I logged a fault and an engineer came out, he said our connection was a mess.  It took him ages to find our "jumpers" ,the "D line" wasnt connected and we were likely connected to the "wrong broandband package" and we should be in a "40/10 circuit".   He also requested a new line test, I may have some of that information a little off. 

Given the line was activated a month ago should I request that the profile should be reset for the line to be retrained?

Here is some of our connection information:

speedtest.PNGstatus.PNGadslchecker.PNG

Thanks!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Profile reset needed or just some patience?

Go to solution

Your connection speed is 22mb and right at bottom of your estimated range so BT are not going to help

which exchange and cab are you on?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
nino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Carterton exchange and Cab 20
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Unfortunately you are in an ECI cabinet and therefore will not get a speed boost from G.INP

your connection speed is virtually same as max attainable speed so I f using test socket with filter then looks like as fast as line can handle

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
nino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
The chap fitted a new master socket and I’m plugged directly into that.

Annoyingly we got +40 a few years ago, we moved out of the country and rented the house out so the line has been reconnected a few times, what are the chances we are connected to a different cab? Or is it just. Case of more people in the area so the service has gone down?
0 Ratings
nino
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Used the BT webchat to query the speed and a few line resets later im getting:

Downstream sync speed:

32.04 Mbps

Upstream sync speed:

7.87 Mbps

Hopefully that goes up over time

0 Ratings