cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Promised Fibre for two years in Cornwall.

Good evening all! 

I live in the SW and I was hoping for some advice on this issue - my internet speed has been forever sub-1MB/s, and often is unreliable in maintaining consistency. Mid 2018 we raised this issue to Customer Service and they stated that the speeds we were receiving for the money that we were paying were unacceptable, and that they would mobilise to set up Fibre in our area.
It would have been highly convenient, as we had just started a construction project to host tenants in, and our family already stressed the internet speeds to an often non-serviceable state.  

We have spent two years keeping up to date with BT and it's subsidised branches. In that time we have received countless Smart Hubs to install as part of the process. They have done work, replaced D-poles, and 4 months ago they installed what appeared to be an FTTP connector outside the telegraph pole aside my property, and since then has appeared to have once again stalled on the work, despite several guarantees over the telephone of completing the project. 

Our construction project has been completed and we now have tenants on our property. We have a significant concern now more than ever that the internet speeds we have weathered will be considered sub-par and affect our business, is there any way to affirm a solid date, or even humour the possibility of fitting our area with fibre?

Apologies if this inquiry appears to be emotionally charged or reflect a negative intent, my family is at it's wits end with this issue, open to any and all advices and feedback. - George 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Promised Fibre for two years in Cornwall.

This is a customer help customer community forum and your post does not go to BT.  Only openreach will know if and when you area is likely to a fibre connection 

you can enter your phone number and post results to see if any fibre showing

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Is it BDUK Funded Fibre or are BT/Openreach installing it themselves?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@Wunderwrote:

Our construction project has been completed and we now have tenants on our property. We have a significant concern now more than ever that the internet speeds we have weathered will be considered sub-par and affect our business

Why? Presumably your tenants queried broadband speeds before they signed their leases with your company and are OK with the speeds they're getting?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi - I believe BT/Openreach is installing it themselves. They are working through other companies to manage D - poles. 

@Starwirewrote:

Is it BDUK Funded Fibre or are BT/Openreach installing it themselves?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@imjollywrote:

This is a customer help customer community forum and your post does not go to BT.  Only openreach will know if and when you area is likely to a fibre connection 

you can enter your phone number and post results to see if any fibre showing

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Hi - The link has helped clear things up a lot. FTTP is listed as available on 1 stage installation.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Ah right, was going to say if it was BDUK then it wouldn’t surprise me as I know at least half a dozen places where they’ve started the build but then run out of funding halfway through.

0 Ratings