Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MarkManaman
Message 1 of 8

Property showing FTTx not available but neighbour on same TP can get FTTP

Go to solution

Hi all, I was just wondering if we have a way to prompt Openreach to update the availability database for FTTx where there are (or seem to be) mistakes?

The property I'm buying can’t order Fibre and the Openreach checker shows that there are currently no plans, but the next house can get FTTP - I know it’s quite common where they’re connected to different cabs, but these two are overhead cables and they’re connected to the same telegraph pole (Overhead cables make it so much easier to see where the cables go!)

The one I’m buying is the last one connected to that TP and none of the properties connected to the next TP along can order fibre either, so I think that this house must be recorded against the wrong TP on the database?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Property showing FTTx not available but neighbour on same TP can get FTTP

Go to solution

See what the FTTP team have to say. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

enter your new address and post results  remove address  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
firefly6260
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Mark, my property has been FTTP enabled for just over a year now.  I originally contracted for 50Mbps which I did receive constantly.  I have been unable to get anything better since then.  I sent an email to BT MD a while ago & things moved a little. In May this year, I contacted a "special" team in Lancaster and after nearly a month BT updated their database to list my house as Ultrafast enabled.  3 days ago, I negotiated to upgrade to Ultrafast Fibre2. My new router arrived yesterday and was installed ,by me, painlessly, but this morning I had to contact BT because my order had not been completed and speed had not changed.  I was told that there had been a "fault" with my order and it WOULD be fixed within 48 hours.  I immediately raised yet another complaint. Try to get yourself connected to this team in Lancaster.  They seem to have a bit of clout with OpenReach who are the real culprits on this matter.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@firefly6260 I've given the OP the direct number of the team he needs to contact.

MarkManaman
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Thank you pippincp, sorry it took so long to reply but I was on the phone to them. It seems the house is on the database twice with one showing not planned but the other showing unknown and it may be that FTTP will be available once a little white box is installed in the house. They have sent a request to Openreach to investigate.
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Good to hear. Please keep us updated.

firefly6260
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
My problem now resolved. Ultrafast2 live this morning. Getting 145Mbps. This time last year it was 6Mbps.
0 Ratings