cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Purple Flashing Light on Smart Hub

Go to solution

Hello, 

Today I moved back into my home after being in lock down, I had turned off all electrical equipment before I had left including the BT Smart Hub. 

Upon turning it back on the light turned green before flicking to a purple flash which I had never previously seen. The instructions told me to check the broadband cable and filter which I have done however to no avail. I have tired resetting etc...

Eventually I went on to live chat and after divulging my details they came back to say there was a problem with the green cabinet and an engineer would be sent to look on the 16th!

I am like a lot of people working from home I need the Internet, us there anything else I can try on my end to fix the problem? 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Purple Flashing Light on Smart Hub

Go to solution

Does you landline work?  If so check for line noise by dialling 17070 option 2 should be silent

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Imjolly,

Unfortunately I don't have a phone available to check the line noise. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

That's unfortunate as that is the most basic check as without a phone line you won't get broadband and with a noisy line connection can be difficult

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I could understand if the line had just been setup however I have had the line since 2017 without any issue.

Why would it now have a noisy line? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

It is a shame that the horse has already bolted!

It is recommended that your Smart Hub should always be left powered on. Everything else can be turned off, unplugged but that is the one electrical gadget that should be left functioning.

We have, a few years back, had a 4 month visit abroad (retirement celebration) but. having read the advice, left the hub turned on. Upon our return, we were able to immediately Skype family members to advise we had returned in one piece. 

Of course, your problem may not have resulted due to your powering off the hub.

Hope all goes well on the 16th.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Just wanted to update this to say that the Openreach engineer actually came on Monday morning to look, turns out it was a wiring problem at the green cabinet.

Very helpful chap. 

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for updating my hub has started flashing purple too but I've just moved address and have an engineer coming on thursday good to know that he will sort it though. Cheers 

0 Ratings