cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Purple, blue, purple ,blue....

I have had my hybrid connect and smart hub 2 for 8 weeks now. Not a problem at all. Then suddenly while watching something on iPlayer. The hybrid went off to purple.

So in last 24 hours all I have had was for example: connected for 40 mins (blue) then disconnected (purple) for 30 mins, connected, disconnected, connected since then. It's back to blue now but will turn to purple in about 40 mins again.

I have no idea what is happening. The grey cable looks fine, and is firmly in its place.

I live alone so no one has been near it.

Please advise and thank you for your time in advance

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Purple, blue, purple ,blue....

Hi @Jaccoko welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to see you're experiencing issues with the connection. From what you've described it sounds like your Smart Hub 2 is losing the connection as the Hybrid connect equipment doesn't have a purple light. Is that correct?

When the Smart Hub loses the broadband connection your Hybrid connect should detect that and start providing you with 4g broadband within a few minutes, is that not happening? 

Can you post your Home Hub router stats and we'll take a look? You'll get them by entering 192.168.1.254 in your browser, go to advanced settings then technical log information.
I'd also recommend you do a quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 it should be silent.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi Neil,

Thank you for getting back to me. My apologies for not getting back to you earlier. 

I've had 3 engineers call out and.none of then can see the issues. :S

So I done my own research as to why the connection keep dropping, getting worse now since the wind became so strong. I found that my neighbors tree branches is interfering with my telephone line. It looks like a tangle mess! 

I have complained to Openreach as I am concerned it may cause further damage. It's swinging, pulling and dragging my cables, hence as to why I am losing connection.

I hope Openreach will sort this out, hopefully someone get the branches cut. I'm losing hope, if no one does this then I will be left without internet. New providers won't make any difference.

Any advice please for the best solution or outcome?

Much appreciated

Jackie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

The best solution is to do what has been requested. Post the relevant page from the hub and do a quiet line test.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi 

I will try the page stats when I get in.

I cannot do the telephone test because I am deaf.  That's the disadvantage of not be able to be independent and sort this out.

I'll be back soon.

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

As the tree is owned by your neighbour not openreach have you tried asking your neighbour to trim back the tree branches so the stop interfering with the openreach phone line?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

I don't have good relationship with my neighbor at all. If I asked they will tell me where to go. I rather Openreach to contact them because I can see it's causing damage with their pole and their other lines as well. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

As some restrictions have been lifted can you not get a friend around to do the quiet line test for you?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for the suggestion but most of my friends where I am are deaf too. My family are out of London.

0 Ratings