Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrendanHickey
Contributor
Message 11 of 32

Re: BT can't be bothered to reconnect me

Go to solution
Even online in my BT account, the fault no longer appears. So frustrating.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 32

Go to solution

You really need to check this yourself at the test socket, to avoid a possible charge, also a crossed line is quite possible after external work. This will not show up on a line test.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
BrendanHickey
Contributor
Message 13 of 32

Go to solution
Thanks, the open reach guy came yesterday and checked my line with the cabinet. So it all fine.
0 Ratings
BrendanHickey
Contributor
Message 14 of 32

Go to solution
Is anyone doing anything about this? My friend has terminal cancer, I speak to her while she's in hospital on Facebook. Why the hell is everyone else back online. Apart from BT. The worst company ever. An engineer came out yesterday and check everything and said I would have been back online. But now the best they can do is send another engineer out again tomorrow so I need to wait in tomorrow.. my brother who lived on the same street is with plus net. He's back online. The building work that took the street offline is not anywhere near my house.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 32

Go to solution

@BrendanHickey wrote:
Thanks, the open reach guy came yesterday and checked my line with the cabinet. So it all fine.

Why will you not check the phone line with a phone, its the first basic test you need to do?

0 Ratings
BrendanHickey
Contributor
Message 16 of 32

Go to solution
I don't have a phone, I literally do not own a house phone.
0 Ratings
BrendanHickey
Contributor
Message 17 of 32

Go to solution
Okay going to borrow a phone from neighbour
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 32

Go to solution

@BrendanHickey wrote:
I don't have a phone, I literally do not own a house phone.

Then it would be advisable to get hold of a cheap phone, less than £10. It could save you an £85 visit charge if you have an issue which is due to your own wiring.

If there has been a cable repair, then it not unusual to end up with a crossed line if the cable pair records are incorrect.

If you have a phone fault, then that is a much higher priority than a broadband fault, and gets fixed much quicker, which is why I suggested that you check your line. Its also something that a moderator would have expected you to do.

Also any noise on your line will cause problems with broadband, this can only be checked using a phone.

0 Ratings
BrendanHickey
Contributor
Message 19 of 32

Go to solution
I just got hold of a phone and it's working fine
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 32

Go to solution

@BrendanHickey wrote:
Okay going to borrow a phone from neighbour

Thanks, it will help to prove what the problem is.

Dial 147017070 and you should hear your phone number announced, make sure its the same as on your bill.

Then select option 2 (Quiet Line Test) and see if there is any noise on the line between the announcements.

If the phone number is wrong, then that would indicate a crossed line which you would need to report as a phone fault. You could also be billed for another persons phone calls.

0 Ratings