Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 26

Re: Query on BT Wholesale Checker Information

@silkbi wrote:

Hi guys, sorry to butt in here. How do I go about finding the cabinet I'm hooked into?

There's a FttC up the road, but I'm still showing as not being able to get Infinite.

Post code is MK160PB

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_searchNewport Pagnell

Sorry I can't find your post code on my list.... but it is over 6 months old so bound to be missing bits/needs updating.

SMNP NEWPORT PAGNELL MK160NR {SMNP}{p25} 0 100 3.16 4a Yes FTTC

SMNP NEWPORT PAGNELL MK160PG {SMNP}{p28} 0 100 3.3 4a Yes FTTC

SMNP NEWPORT PAGNELL MK160PH {SMNP}{p28} 0 100 3.3 4a Yes FTTC

SMNP NEWPORT PAGNELL MK160PJ {SMNP}{p28} 0 100 3.3 4a Yes FTTC

SMNP NEWPORT PAGNELL MK160PP {SMNP}{p28} 0 100 3.3 4a Yes FTTC

SMNP NEWPORT PAGNELL MK160PQ {SMNP}{p28} 0 100 3.3 4a Yes FTTC

SMNP NEWPORT PAGNELL MK160PR {SMNP}{p28} 0 100 3.3 4a Yes FTTC

SMNP NEWPORT PAGNELL MK160PS {SMNP}{p28} 0 100 3.3 4a Yes FTTC

SMNP NEWPORT PAGNELL MK160PT {SMNP}{p28} 0 100 3.3 4a Yes FTTC

SMNP NEWPORT PAGNELL MK160PX {SMNP}{p25} 0 100 3.16 4a Yes FTTC

SMNP NEWPORT PAGNELL MK160QE {SMNP}{p7} 0 20 5.48 4a Yes FTTC

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
silkbi
Contributor
Message 12 of 26

Thanks PC. The house is well over 6 months old so no idea why it's not on there! 🙂

I'm not sure if I need to contact BT somehow on this, all the MK16 postcodes there are showing as ative on BT's site and Samknows. Mine is showing as active on Samknows and not BT.

I don't know how to officially chase this up, I'm pretty sure their availability checker is broken somehow.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 13 of 26

Hi silkbi (and others),

If you fill out our contact form (you can find the link in my profile), I can find out which cabinet you're connected to and what the latest info relating to it is.

Cheers

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
camellard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 26

Hi 

Can you find out whats going on?

On the BT Wholesale site it says I can get fibre if only at 8mb download. This would be better than the 2mb that I have on ADSL BT BB option 3.

The whole area is currently being upgraded to BT Infinity and Neighbouring steets have golive dates between now and christmas.

Can you find out if my CAB has been upgraded to FTTC? And if not any idea of when or if it will.

Post code TS17 5LQ (No 16).

Patrick

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 26

Dean wrote "If you fill out our contact form (you can find the link in my profile), I can find out which cabinet you're connected to and what the latest info relating to it is."

That's the best way as Dean can get his hands on current info.

Mines well out of date....... Looks like I'm out of a job Smiley Sad

Dean's contact form.- 

Moderation Team Contact: Please fill out this "contact us" form and we'll get back to you as soon as we can! http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 26

Hi Patrick.

Can you put your telephone number into this checker:

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Then copy and paste the reults here.

[edit] the reason i ask is because you say the Bt checker says you can get fibre @8Mb, if so, then maybe you are trying to order the wrong product .There is a difference between Infinity and Total Broadband with Fibre Option3

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
camellard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 26

Hi Toekneem

I'd tried that and it suggests I only can get ADSL (see below).

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 2.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 1.5Mbps and 3.5Mbps.

Your exchange is planned to have ADSL2+ by 31st January 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 2.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 1Mbps and 4Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

Thank you for your interest.

Where do I go from here?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 26

Hi.

You can do as PC suggested getting in touch with the mods.

From your earlier post you say "On the BT Wholesale site it says I can get fibre if only at 8mb download." and yet when I suggested you input your telephone number into the BT Wholesale checker you say itdoes not mention FTTC.

What was the web address of the BT wholesale site which says you can get Fibre at 8Mb.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
camellard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 26

Hi Toekneem

I used the same BT wholesale site just initially entered my Post Code not my phone number. I suspect my CAB has not and will not be upgraded for a while. I've emailed one of the Mods but no reply as yet. How quickly do they usually get back? It's been a few days now.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 26

@camellard wrote:
Hi Toekneem

I used the same BT wholesale site just initially entered my Post Code not my phone number. I suspect my CAB has not and will not be upgraded for a while. I've emailed one of the Mods but no reply as yet. How quickly do they usually get back? It's been a few days now.

Hi
Thats the reason for the difference then, the postcode checker is just an guestimate because, the telephone number is much more accurate, and unfortunately looks as if you cannot get it (yet).

The mods can take 2 or 3 days to get back depending on work load.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings