Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Bonkers
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Query regarding BT having incorrect info

Hi there

Im currently a Sky broadband customer after moving properties im intrested in getting Infinity - when I had my original line activated the BT engineer confirmed that the cabinet im connected to does indeed have fibre hardware - however every checker I put my details in said no.

After having another engineer out a second time to fix a line fault I queried this with him again and he confirmed that the old block of flats that were here before used to be connected to a differnt cabinet and the new flats details havent been upgraded by BT to reflect this. I have checked and found the green cabinet in question too!

How do I go about recifying this? The service im getting with Sky isnt amazing and id obviously like more speed! It will just mean ending the contract with Sky early! Erk - wonder how much that is going to cost!!

Any help appreciated 

JC ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Query regarding BT having incorrect info

Does the cabinet your connected to have a second cabinet near it? Would be green also, normally bigger than the PCP. If you put your ear to it you should be able to hear a whirring sound from the fans. This would be the fibre cabinet. If you have one, contact the mods, and they will be able to help you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 3 of 4

Most, though maybe not all, fibre cabinets can be identified by having have vents in the front.

See the photo in message 8 of this thread:

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Anyway-of-finding-out-when-if-my-cabinet-is-going-to-be-enabl...

0 Ratings
Bonkers
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the info ๐Ÿ™‚ Im actually pretty au fait with the technology and its definately a fibre cabinet (sad but ive actually watched the openreach training video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53NcsctuxV0)

PMing the mods and seeing what they can do if anything anyway! Just hope the engi wasnt pulling my leg!

Thanks JC

0 Ratings