cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Question about Full Fibre engineer installation?

Hi, I currently have fibre with halo 1 which is about 76mb i think and am upgrading to full fibre 100 with halo 3 in the coming weeks.

Engineer's have been out doing some things but there is a date set when they need to come and properly connect it all.

My house was a new build (5 years old now) when we moved in and there was already a BT point outside the house where the cable comes in, behind this poiint at the front of the house is the electric cupboardand there is a BT telephone socket on the wall at the back, then there are some other telephone sockets around the house and assume they are all connected to each other as we do not use a landline anyway.

My question though is once the engineer comes, of cause we won't want the modem point for full fibre put in in the locked electric cupboard so i am assuming they will have to bring a cable in the house? at the moment we have the router situation in the living room at the back of the house, so will they probably have to bring the cable in from the from and then either attached it through the house to the back, or from the front around the side of the house and drill through the wall in the back to where the current rouiter isas that is where we will prob want the new one also?

I am just trying to think about how they will do it and worried it will all be a bit of a mess in terms of cables etc. 😞

Or is it possible that when they cable to the front BT point at the front of the house the cabling inside will be fine and they will just need to attached the modem to the phone socket?

Any advice would be great.

James

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Question about Full Fibre engineer installation?

The preferred method for ‘most’ Engineers is to run the cable from the CSP to the ONT Externally.

Obviously the Copper Phone Cable installed would’ve been during build process so any new cabling will have to be surface mounted, i.e. over skirting boards and over door frames. Putting Fibre EZ Bend Cable under carpets is a big no no.

How neat a job it is really depends on the installer, you might get a good one, you might get a bad one. No way to tell until it’s been done.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Question about Full Fibre engineer installation?

The phone sockets have no use for FTTP. The router connects to the ONT via ethernet.

0 Ratings