Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
do
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Question about Home Hub 3 Noise dB Margins

Hi everyone, I'm due to get BT Infinity on Friday... 1 more sleep 😉

I have a question about the Noise Margins, I can't seem to find them within the Router, I've skimmed some articles and posts, and even tried to use the search feature but can't seem to find how to find this information.

One page actually said about you need to unlock the homehub3, if this is so can someone point me in the right direction it's not something I want to do after install due to the fact your suppose leave the connection left in for 10days etc.

Let's assume I have to unlock it, does this break warranty in anyway or could it cause problems with the install and engineer.

I'm fully conident when it comes to flashing routers done tons, was a DDWRT guru back when I was using Virgin Media 😉

Anyway, if you know point me in the right direction. Thanks 😉 Smiley Very Happy

EDIT: I've just read that it requires a firmware can someone point me in the right direction, Yes it's geeky stats but its also useful, last two times I trusted there automated system well Sky, I lost out on 4mb after ringining them they reset the test 😛 I know BT / Sky now do it on intervals, but not the point....... This information should be public viewing for spotting protential problems outside the home.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Question about Home Hub 3 Noise dB Margins

The router wouldn't give you that information, you would have to hack your modem to get the info and that would break your T's&C's.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

And the noise margin is irrelevant on Infinity;)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Not really DS, it's the same as any other DSL technology, a higher margin will result in a reduced sync speed if your line isn't capable of exceeding the 40 or 80meg caps.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Ok, let me re-phrase that;), now that I'm almost awake after a very poor nights sleep:(.

It's irrelevant on some infinity connections:p

I was discussing this very subject with an individual in the ELTC team;), which could be the same for the OP:|

I guess some adsl stats prior to Infinity being installed could ascertain the likely hood of a decent speed

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings