cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gamefanatic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Question about IP Profile

I had infinity 2 installed on Friday and was connected with an IP Profile of 71.72. This lasted for just over 2 days (stable connection with 2 days uptime) when it dc'd and dropped my IP Profile to 63.03.

The following day my IP Profile dropped again to 43.43! It's now been like that for nearly 2 days of uptime. 

I've been told that my IP Profile should increase if I leave everything alone and the connection is stable. When am I likely to see a change ? I'm worried that it might drop even lower the next time the connection drops out, although it seems stable at the moment. 

I have not turned off the modem / router since install, but am tempted to reset the modem to see what happens.

Am I likely to get near 70+ speeds again? It was nice having those speeds in the first two days Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Question about IP Profile

It sound like the DLM has seen your line as unstable due to random noise on the line all you can do now is wait around 2 weeks and providing the DLM sees the line as stable again it should it should start to increase your IP Profile do not restart the modem
0 Ratings
gamefanatic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Question about IP Profile

2 weeks is a long time! I reset the modem and restarted the router. The profile now says 58.08 wtf. That's an improvement but not sure if it will last. But resetting the modem seems to have improved things hmmm. I'll leave it now and see what happens. It's weird how this dlm thing works but wasn't confident that leaving it would do anything, guess I'm not patient enough. Hope it keeps improving (prob won't). If it keeps dropping again I guess I'll have to report it as a fault on my line and get it fixed!
0 Ratings