cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Quick question regarding, Network up time and System up time.

Had lots of issues with internet recently mods helped out a lot engineer came so far i feel the problem is solved. As Broadband was resseting. So i went to look at my Uptime today an this is what i saw. I was not in when the DSL or network uptime reset. But would this have reset my router like it has done in the past? As the system time is exactly the time the net came back on from when the engineer left any ideas ?34268724_10156501802787431_1480846071587405824_n.png

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Quick question regarding, Network up time and System up time.

System uptime is time since hub was last reset, network uptime is time since the last disconnection of your broadband signal.

0 Ratings
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Yes so in regards to the network uptime is that ressting a fault or is that normal situation. Because the fault ive had for a while is the hub soft resetting itself randomly we had a engineer out an we thought we had learned it an fixed the issue but if it happened now again does that mean the issue is still there or is it normal for network time to do what its doing. ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

by any chance is the hub resetting about every 14 days as that sometimes happens and there are threads on the forum about it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Its not that it was not even lasting a day before but had a engineer out on sat an had a mod forum post on here an we thought we had solved the issue of drops but normally when i used to look in the tech log it would have reset up an hadd a date of jan 1st etc but with the time that the dsl reset this time it never drops an says it was online if that makes any sense to you .

0 Ratings
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

tech.png

0 Ratings
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

See above pic is when the lineup of the dsl drop would have been but the down time on the log does not seem to have happened.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

there is no drop in conenction in stats posted

the logs woulsd show system down after so many minutes and then and other line as it comes back up showing connection speed and noise margin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Yes what im asking in the tech log there is no drop but would my broadband have reset when that network uptime reset? as i was a sleep so could not monitor the situation the reason i ask is becuase we had loads of issue with internet recently an thought they had been solved here is screen shot of noise margin etc

0 Ratings
Highlighted
JackGJones
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

noise.png

0 Ratings