cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Overfinch560i
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

RUBBISH CONNECTION SPEEDS AND BT LIES

Hi all I'm really annoyed aboput the supposed Infinity connection I'm supposed to be getting, and like most companies here in the UK seems BT doesn't support UK people that use there services as the only person I have been able to get hold of is way over in India so BT please explain to me why, firstly I'm told BT has no Email Address to be contacted on and secondly why when I look for a UK support Number I get sent to India to talk to someone that barley speaks english let alone can understand my issues, and thirdly why you advatise speeds that people clearly are not getting even tho I myself am only about 200 meters from the exchange, the speeds I'm getting from my very expensive Infinity service averages anywhere from 2 meg to 20 meg when I should be getting as told by my engineer around 40+ meg, and also why I don'rt have the same router that you advatise in your very expensive comercial, all answers on a post card???????

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: RUBBISH CONNECTION SPEEDS AND BT LIES

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Could you please post the results from the BT Speedtester, including the further diagnostics.

BT Wholesale Speedtester

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

@Overfinch560i wrote:

Hi all I'm really annoyed aboput the supposed Infinity connection I'm supposed to be getting, and like most companies here in the UK seems BT doesn't support UK people that use there services as the only person I have been able to get hold of is way over in India so BT please explain to me why, firstly I'm told BT has no Email Address to be contacted on and secondly why when I look for a UK support Number I get sent to India to talk to someone that barley speaks english let alone can understand my issues, and thirdly why you advatise speeds that people clearly are not getting even tho I myself am only about 200 meters from the exchange, the speeds I'm getting from my very expensive Infinity service averages anywhere from 2 meg to 20 meg when I should be getting as told by my engineer around 40+ meg, and also why I don'rt have the same router that you advatise in your very expensive comercial, all answers on a post card???????

Oh the irony!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

1. There are no UK numbers
2. Which Infinity Package are you on
3. The new HUB has only just been released and is only being supplied to NEW customers existing customers have to purchase them
4. Speeds are sold as "up to" speeds and refer to connection speeds not download speeds
5. Speed tests should always be carried out using a wired (Ethernet ) connection wireless speedtests are not accurate
6. Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
if you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

BT do not use email as such but they do provide contact us forms  you can find the by clicking on the contac us  link at the top of this page

0 Ratings
Overfinch560i
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Seems these clowns at BT have no intention of trying to keep present customer's just trying to get new one's, I've been having internet issues for almost 2 months without any interveen from BT they have simply iggnored my issues so am now taking this up with Offcom.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

If you post the information requested you will get help but without the information there is nothing that can be done to help you 

Going to OFCOM will not help as they do not deal with individual cases but they may take note of your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings