Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syncaidius
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Random Disconnections - New Customer - 2 Months

Hi,

I recently switched to BT from TalkTalk near the end of March. Everything has been fine for the first month, but this month (May) I've the router reboots pretty much every 2 hours.

This has caused my line speed to drop after 1 or 2 reboots each time, now sitting at 27mbit, down from the initial 34mbit I started out with when I first switched.

I've also had this issue in the past with TalkTalk (which is the main reason I switched). However, I had an Openreach engineer visit via TalkTalk (after hounding them for 6 months to get it looked into) and I was told that our line is fine, but the main street line, I quote your engineer: "is on its last legs, its dying and really needs replacing".

I have no idea if that is the cause of these random dropouts and reboots, but given that your own engineers have already checked the line this year and stated that it is healthy, I can only ask you guys to look in to it. 

Hopefully things will not end up the same way as TalkTalk, where I spend 6 months trying to get them to do something!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Random Disconnections - New Customer - 2 Months

although openreach are part of the BT Group your ISP BT Retail has no  better contact with them than TT as per OFCOM ruling      openreach work for all ISPs apart from virgin

can you post stats from your hub - if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

have you tried using test socket with a new filter to eliminate any problems caused by your internal wiring and the faceplate - even if you have a filtered master socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Syncaidius
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

@imjollywrote:

although openreach are part of the BT Group your ISP BT Retail has no  better contact with them than TT as per OFCOM ruling      openreach work for all ISPs apart from virgin

can you post stats from your hub - if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

have you tried using test socket with a new filter to eliminate any problems caused by your internal wiring and the faceplate - even if you have a filtered master socket

Hi, here is the technical log:

homehub.PNG

I have tried it in the test socket and the master socket, no difference.

I've also dialed 17070 option 2 for the quiet line test. There was no noise on the line.

I'll try a new filter, but the ones currently in use are new (2 months old), as they came with the hub.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Did you try leaving it connected to the test socket for a few days to see if that helped. If quiet line test is ok that would suggest your line is ok. Your connection time only 46 min was that manual reset?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Syncaidius
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

No, that was a random reboot. One of many over the past month. Hence my reason for posting here.

I have tried leaving it in a test socket for around 3 days, but it didn't reduce or stop the random reboots.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

if using test socket didn't help and quiet line test ok then you need to phone 151 and get engineer visit

0 Ratings
LittleHelper
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

If your hub is resetting itself sounds like it could possibly be an issue with the hub itself. Especially if the engineer who you have had out previously says the line should be fine. I'd give the faults guys a ring amd talk through it. They may send an engineer out to do further checks but if that doesn't change anything they would most likely try a new hub. 0800 111 4567 is the faults team. Open 24/7.
0 Ratings