cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
broadbandiss1
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Random Disconnections

Hi, i have a BT smart hub router, and infinity 2 package, (80 20 one i believe)

The past couple months i have been experiencing completely random disconnections usually throughout the day, sometimes its once a day sometimes multiple, but these disconnections cause me to lose lots of time due to the nature of my work so i need to get this resolved.

I have had 5 engineers out, all doing the random replace this, replace that, all doing nothing, although 2 months back i got sent out a new router, bt smart hub, which solved the disconnections for about 2 months until now, recently this new year the disconnections have been becoming more and more frequent which is why i'm here. i had an engineer sent out a couple days ago who attempted to fix it to no avail. I'm fed up of getting multiple engineers all having no clue what to do and the issue persisting. I Have replaced all the cables, engineers have changed the ports or w/e, nothing seems to solve it and or trigger it, its completely random. When they check the logs or line or something they can see the disconnections happening but nobody can figure it out.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Random Disconnections

Hi @broadbandiss1 Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that you are experiencing drops in your connection again.
A faulty phone line will have a negative impact on your broadband connection. To help rule out any issue with your phone service please run a quiet line test by dialling 17070 from your BT Landline. If using a corded phone then the test should be quiet, if you are using a cordless phone then you may hear a low hum.
Please post your router stats for the BT Smart hub you can get your connection stats by, Opening a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home into the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager.  Click ‘Advanced Settings’ and then ‘Technical log’
Cheers
John

0 Ratings
broadbandiss1
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

my bad i assume its a bt hub 6, not smart hub, previously i had a 5. Also i dont actually have a home phone so i cant really check, but i remember an engineer checking the line for 'noise' and he said it all was normal.
Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ72386811

Firmware version:

SG4B1000E01E

Firmware updated:

26-Aug-2019

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 3 Hours 45 Minutes 7 Seconds

Data rate:

19.07 Mbps / 62.61 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

20485 / 65422

Noise margin:

8.2 dB / 6.6 dB

Line attenuation:

15.1 dB

Signal attenuation:

0 dB / 15.1 dB

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

294 MB Uploaded / 9561 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-FG5P

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 11)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-FG5P

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

B8:EE:0E:AA:98:FB

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@broadbandiss1, I've sent you a private message so you can send over your details to the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

0 Ratings