Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zippee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Random Disconnects and my speed has dropped - Infinity 2

Hi,

I was consistently getting 51 Mbps for about 2 years after I upgraded to Infinity 2, but now it’s it tops out at 37 Mbps. On top of that I’m getting random disconnects.

I’ve done a quite line 17070 option 2 test and I’ve checked my line rate on the adsl wholesale checker & I should be and be getting better speed. 

I’ve tested my speeds with a BT router, an Asus router and some brand new out of the boxes modem & Netgear router and tested straight from the socket and the speed is still lower and the connection drops still happens. I’m 100% sure it’s not my router set up.

Is there a way to speak to the mods to get this issue looked at?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. 

Many thanks in advance 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Random Disconnects and my speed has dropped - Infinity 2

Unless upload is important, why pay for Infinity 2 when you were not even reaching the Infinity 1 max of 55Mb ?
Are you connected in the master socket test port ?
Perhaps you can post your router stats and the predicted speeds for your line ( using your phone number ) here
https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Mercieca
Message 3 of 4

Give 0800 800 150 a call [IVR will ask you to speak - just say 'Help' and it'll take you through to the right team to deal.

A drop in speeds could be a number of things, such as more people in the area switching to Fibre which increases the amount of people connected to the local Cab - which lowers the speeds for everyone in general. There could be a fault in the area causing the speed to drop - you generally might not know this until calling in for diagnostics to be run.

Dropping out on the CPE [Home Hub] will happen if the CPE is overloaded with devices connected. Failing that, it could be a CPE fault or any other number of issues. Best bet is to give the above number a call and let BT go through the motions. I would not mention using any other CPE than the one provided as any other device will not be supported and will likely then be blamed for the issues you're experiencing.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Zippee,

We'll do our best to help you. I've sent you a private message.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings