Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 7

Random Dropout's March/April 2020

Good Afternoon All,

Like many I am currently having to work from home, and I have therefore been using my connection more.

I have noticed that at random times the connection will drop (the hub flashes) and will take around 1-2mins to return to normal.  This has recently happened in the afternoon, but today happened this morning.

I have made NO adjustments to the environment I am in, or the setup.  I have called 17070 and performed a QLT wich is silent. 

I am on a trial and e-mailed their support, who advised to raise a fault.  I am hoping here is the best place to get some support.

I am using the Smart Hub 2 via a new Openreach NTE 5C with a MK 4 VDSL faceplate.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Random Dropout's March/April 2020

I would check at the test socket, as there are issues with the NTE5C. Perhaps nearby vibration by people walking by, are causing the disconnections?

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/2019-Master-Socket-kit-loose/m-p/1985566#M67755

Try it like this.

NTE 5C Test socket checkNTE 5C Test socket check

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 7

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

I would check at the test socket, as there are issues with the NTE5C. Perhaps nearby vibration by people walking by, are causing the disconnections?

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/2019-Master-Socket-kit-loose/m-p/1985566#M67755

Try it like this.

NTE 5C Test socket checkNTE 5C Test socket check

Hi @Keith_Beddoe  of course, hadn't thought of that.  Luckily at the moment everthing goes via the HUB, so I can remove fitted filter and just plug in a dangly filter.

Now to find a dangly filter. 😐

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 7

Dangly Filter fitted. Will leave for a few days and see how it performs.
Kind Regards
CJT80
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 7

@Keith_Beddoe 

Unsurprisingly it's now fine, however that leaves me with a small issue.  I have a filter dangling out of my Mk5c socket instead of it's fitted faceplate filter.

Is the faceplate filter considered MY responsibility?  If so I guess I will by a replacement and hope it fits better.

Kind Regards
CJT80
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

@CJT80 

As Starwire said on this thread https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/2019-Master-Socket-kit-loose/m-p/1985566#M67755

Its a known issue, and a possible solution is offered. You may find it makes a better connection then.

You would have to replace the front faceplate yourself, but there is no guarantee the replacement would be any better. Either that, leave it with the dangly filter. That is the case with many people who do not have a filtered faceplate.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 7

@Keith_Beddoe 

I’ll check that out later 

Thanks 

Kind Regards
CJT80
0 Ratings