cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Random dropping internet for some devices

I have 6 devices hooked up to my older BT router. Just about every day, and more than once per day, one or more of my devices will be disconnected - random devices - I cannot re-establish connection without rebooting my router and sometimes more than 1 reboot. Everything worked fine until about a month ago. I don't understand what is causing the problem and it's very very frustrating.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Random dropping internet for some devices

you need to try and avoid constant rebooting of the hub as that will have a detrimental affect on your connection speed.  is it just wifi devices or also devices connected with ethernet?

have you tried 1 factory reset of hub by pressing recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until lights flash?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks - I've tried the factory reset  and all  looks good - at the moment. It's a home hub 5 router. I'll wait and see if the problem recurs.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

All my devices are wifi

0 Ratings