cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Re: BT Fibre 500 to 900 Upgrade - No change to upload speed

Go to solution

I don't suppose you have the number for that Openreach tech team do you? I've got the exact same problem. Upgraded from 500 to 900 but the upload speed stuck on the same speed as when I was on 500. I've raised complaints and spoken to several teams in BT and was finally advised that there was noting more they could do and that regardless of what you stated upload speed should be, they only guarantee 10Mbps for upload. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Go to solution

@SmOkeH ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
e FTTP Team 0800 587 4787
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Mmm. I seem to be getting nowhere with this. BT claim to have already contact Openreach about it and everything is as it should be. Seem the claim that FTTP either works or it doesn't isn't entirely accurate. In my case it works but not quite as claimed. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Unfortunately not @dazza76 

All I know is that it was Openreach that he called.

I mentioned it was strange that the BT FTTP Team couldn't have done the same thing remotely and saved him a trip. The engineer said it was Openreach not BT that he was speaking to.

I have noticed the 10Mb upload in the contract I really hoped that was a typo as that is poor on this service.

Hopefully you can use this thread to get someone to look at your case more seriously, sounds like you have the same upgrade scenario causing the issue. Keep trying the FTTP team, might be pot luck who you get. I didn't have to push the issue at all to get an engineer visit.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Alas with all the faults and complaints I've raised about this, I've not had anyone offer an engineer. Which is a shame as it's always been the case that as soon as you have an engineer on site, he or she can either sort it themselves if it's an onsite issue OR, make a phone call to someone who flipped a switch and sorts the issue. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Perhaps a moderator @DavidM could weigh in? I've raised another complaint about this in hope that BT will speak to Openreach about this as I can't speak to them directly. Maybe I can finally get an engineer out who can call someone on his mobile to flick a switch to get this sorted. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @dazza76, I've moved your posts to create your own thread as the previous one is already solved.

Sorry that you're not seeing the full upload with your fibre package.  I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Thought I'd post an update about this. After weeks of pointless conversations with BT support where the failed to even acknowledge there was an issue or claimed to have exhausted all options, @JohnC2 took on the issue for me and within 24 hours managed to fix what the complaints team at BT couldn't. My upload speeds are now what they should be.

The lesson here is if you're not getting the upload speed you should be with the FTTP 900 package, don't listen to the support teams if they tell you there's nothing that can be done. 

Screenshot 2022-02-11 at 11.03.27.png

Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@JohnC2 Having the same problem here. Upgraded from 500 to 900, download is great reaching 1.2gbps through fast.com upload stuck at 66 max, 72.2 to the box

tap1 test through bt wholesale gives me 42.3 upload but the profiles are set at 957.76 down 115 up..

Tried powercycling ONT but still same 72.2 to the box and same ip address

if there’s any way you can refer this to openreach without an engineer having to come out to open a ticket that would be great

0 Ratings