cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Re: BT Full Fibre Upload Capped

Go to solution

Had my fibre 900 installed yesterday and exactly the same thing, HH2 capped at 50Mbps upload. My BT help was awful just asked me to call fibre helpdesk. I'm lucky, my phone is being left on copper so HH2 went back in box out came pfsense and speeds were then 900/110 as quoted.

It seems these HH2 are in need of an update or something.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Go to solution

Hi @coipu, welcome to the forum and sorry your upload is capped.

As the service was only connected yesterday it can take a few days for the hub to automatically lift the cap. If you need it lifted quicker I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help.

cheers

John

Message 3 of 3

Go to solution

Thanks I appreciate that you would fix this for me, I don't need any help as my own router connected at max speeds immediately, proving the HH2 as the problem in the chain.

I find it incredible that the Hub applies a cap at all, and that it can be removed by yourselves or a "few days". Not a great impression for a new customer I have to say. Sounds like you probably have to push a firmware patch or some such wizardry, I'm surprised that firmware isn't the first thing a newly connected router that may have been sat on a warehouse shelf for a year wouldn't ask for or be given.

It's good that it's all out in the open on this forum so it was quick and easy to find, saved me some worry for sure.